2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not sure he's better than Bosa, who is also ridiculous

I'm not convinced. Is Bosa's hype based somewhat on his bloodlines? I know he's a terrific football player, but not sure he's a Myles Garrett type of guy. I don't see him blowing up the combine either. He's a plus athlete but he's not ++

I still think there are 4 guys who could go #1 based on combine and interviews. I think the kid from Alabama may get downgraded a bit because he's from Alabama. 

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm not convinced. Is Bosa's hype based somewhat on his bloodlines? I know he's a terrific football player, but not sure he's a Myles Garrett type of guy. I don't see him blowing up the combine either. He's a plus athlete but he's not ++

I still think there are 4 guys who could go #1 based on combine and interviews. I think the kid from Alabama may get downgraded a bit because he's from Alabama. 

Nick Bosa was NFL ready at 18

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nick Bosa was NFL ready at 18

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. He wasn't even a starter his freshman year in COLLEGE! He'll be a good pro, but I don't think he'll be a great pro. Time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Pretty sure he mentioned him in reviewing players a few years back.  Something along the lines of "keep an eye on this kid for a top 5 type pick"

Again, I think you're thinking of Joey Bosa and not Nick Bosa. Same comment applies to both guys though. 

After doing some more research, I found this picture of their father though, so some puzzle pieces are starting to fall into place. Same jaw line, but they have their mother's hair. 

Image result for rob parr incredibles

Image result for joey bosa

Image result for nick bosa

Edited by AlexGreen#20

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Again, I think you're thinking of Joey Bosa and not Nick Bosa. Same comment applies to both guys though. 

After doing some more research, I found this picture of their father though, so some puzzle pieces are starting to fall into place. Same jaw line, but they have their mother's hair.

Not sure why I bother, but no, I recall him in 2017 while discussing players to keep an eye on Nick Bosa.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Not sure why I bother, but no, I recall him in 2017 while discussing players to keep an eye on Nick Bosa.

Fair enough, may very well have happened, but I don't think anybody needed Palmy to tell them Nick Bosa was going to be a stud NFL prospect. 

He was the 3rd, 5th, and 8th (ESPN, SCOUT, 247) ranked prospect in the country (after a hugely successful campaign at either the best or second best highschool in the country depending on what you think of IMG)  and was 6'3 250 in the highschool combines. His brother was just a super high pick. 

As a True Freshman at OSU he was their best rush guy splitting time with Sam Hubbard (3rd round pick), Tyquan Lewis (Big10 Dlineman of the year in 2016, 2nd round pick), and Jalyn Holmes (4th round pick). None of the 4 played more than 534 snaps or less than 526.

He was clearly going to be a stud from day 1.

3 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

Yea, it really sucks for him, I wish he would of declared last year. 

I would definitely take him with a 4th or later and let him redshirt for a year. 

A 4th???  He’s going to be lucky to get drafted at all. 

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Myles Garrett is the gold standard as far as pass rush prospects go.  If you're going to compare every pass rusher to him, none are going to be good enough.  Bosa is in that next tier down.  He's a damn good pass rusher, and should be the #1 pick.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Myles Garrett is the gold standard as far as pass rush prospects go.  If you're going to compare every pass rusher to him, none are going to be good enough.  Bosa is in that next tier down.  He's a damn good pass rusher, and should be the #1 pick.

Nah, If Q. Williams is a once in a decade DT, give me that 100 times out of 100 over a non-generational EDGE.

longer shelf-life, will hit prime later in career, better value after 1st contract.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really depends on the combine there are 3 other players in that discussion IMO. If someone really falls in love with a QB, Arizona could trade out of that spot. I see that as less likely but I don't see Bosa has a lock at #1. 

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nah, If Q. Williams is a once in a decade DT, give me that 100 times out of 100 over a non-generational EDGE.

longer shelf-life, will hit prime later in career, better value after 1st contract.

Basically deciding between Bosa and Williams is a good problem to have. Too bad it's not the Packers' problem...😔😕