2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

32 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Can we get him at 44? Even better would be 76? 

Hock is one of my guys. I want him. Would love to navigate somewhere between 44 and 76 whether that be moving down from 44 or up from 76. I think late 2/early 3 is a good spot for him right now

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019.php

i actually love this draft.

Walter has us taking:

1.12: Clelin Ferrell (DE/OLB Clemson)

1.32: Jonathon Abram (Safety, Miss St) This pick was originally Parris Campbell but he changed it to Abram. Id actually be okay taking Parris with this pick. Dudes dynamic. 

2.44: Jerry Tillery (NT/DE Notre Dame.) Hell yes!

3.75: Chase Winovich (DE/OLB Michigan) Dont know much about him but another body on the edge is always good.

4.107: Logan Parker (TE Southern Utah) I suppose im okay with this. i think there will be better TE's available at this spot but TE is a need so i like that. 

4.111: David Long (LB WVU) another body on defense.

Thats 4 picks to fix the front 7. i love it. as long as a free agent S is added i think this is a great draft. My only gripe would be that theres no lineman taken with those first 6 picks. 

7 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

Thats 4 picks to fix the front 7. i love it. as long as a free agent S is added i think this is a great draft. My only gripe would be that theres no lineman taken with those first 6 picks. 

It's a really good needs based draft. Winovich I really want no part of, but if he falls enough he could be worth it just for another body. He's gone from early 2nd in mocks down to this, and I think his realistic shot is mid 3rd-4th. He's old. 

I really like the rest of it, just don't love how we're not attacking offense really at all except the TE, and tbh I don't know much about Parker. 

Edited by JBURGE

Saying teams won because they held there opponents to X amount of points says as much about their opponents offense sucking as is does about their defense being good.

Foles looked like Alex Hornibrook yesterday, they wouldn't have put up 20 vs the Bucs.  Oh,  and Hornibrook is a noodle armed, passive QB of the Badgers in case you don't watch college football, cough....

The Saints are the one team that I am confident will not win it all, Brees looked like time is catching up with him,   Kamara will have to carry the team.  The Pats will take away Michael Thomas if they meet in the SB.

I think the winner of the Chiefs/Pats game goes on to win the SB unless someone vital gets hurt....

Jacksonville, Giants and Bengals could all look at this draft for their next QB....

This QB class appears weak right now...but surely QB's will rise on the board as they typically do.

Could that setup for a slight trade up for GB to take their EDGE while any of those teams could trade down for their QB?

Or...could any of those teams really covet GB's second first round pick and wish to move up from the second for it, while trying to acquire their next QB?

Love the position GB is in.  Gonna be a fun draft season.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

could any of those teams really covet GB's second first round pick and wish to move up from the second for it, while trying to acquire their next QB?

The 5th year option is why minny moved up into round 1 for TeddyMVP and why the Ravens moved up for Lamar Jackson

1 hour ago, gopackgo247 said:

Walter has us taking:

1.12: Clelin Ferrell (DE/OLB Clemson)

1.32: Jonathon Abram (Safety, Miss St) This pick was originally Parris Campbell but he changed it to Abram. Id actually be okay taking Parris with this pick. Dudes dynamic. 

2.44: Jerry Tillery (NT/DE Notre Dame.) Hell yes!

3.75: Chase Winovich (DE/OLB Michigan) Dont know much about him but another body on the edge is always good.

4.107: Logan Parker (TE Southern Utah) I suppose im okay with this. i think there will be better TE's available at this spot but TE is a need so i like that. 

4.111: David Long (LB WVU) another body on defense.

I could be okay with this as long as we sign like Roger Saffold and some WR in free agency, only a TE in the 4th round is quite light given our O has not been impressive in over 2 years.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Jacksonville, Giants and Bengals could all look at this draft for their next QB....

This QB class appears weak right now...but surely QB's will rise on the board as they typically do.

Could that setup for a slight trade up for GB to take their EDGE while any of those teams could trade down for their QB?

Or...could any of those teams really covet GB's second first round pick and wish to move up from the second for it, while trying to acquire their next QB?

Would kill to move that 32nd pick to one of the teams with multiple 2nd rounds or a high second with a high 3rd.  Think there is a ton of value in the second and early 3rd round this year.  Would love to see WR and TE both addressed in that area (It's a strong WR class and IMO one of the best TE classes ever) while still being able to address the defense (Edge and Safety being the 2 biggest issues).  

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Would kill to move that 32nd pick to one of the teams with multiple 2nd rounds or a high second with a high 3rd.  Think there is a ton of value in the second and early 3rd round this year.  Would love to see WR and TE both addressed in that area (It's a strong WR class and IMO one of the best TE classes ever) while still being able to address the defense (Edge and Safety being the 2 biggest issues).  

Houston has 2 2nd round picks, back to back. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

17 minutes ago, SSG said:

Would kill me too, to move that 32nd pick or so.  But what about our second or third, if it meant securing Allen (unlikely) or Ferrell?  I just see them as a cut above the rest and worth the little trade up.