2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

33 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

My worry is that Campbell becomes the John Ross of this year's draft. If he blows the doors off with a 4.3 at the Combine, some team could draft him in the 20s and not even be there at 30-32. 

I think Campbell has a chance to be the first to go. I love Brown out of Ole Miss the more I watch. That's a WC offense WR right there. Metcalf is intriguing as hell too. Totally fine using that Saints pick on a WR if that means we can skip signing a FA WR and spend more on D.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

My worry is that Campbell becomes the John Ross of this year's draft. If he blows the doors off with a 4.3 at the Combine, some team could draft him in the 20s and not even be there at 30-32. 

That's my worry too. Initially Campbell was a projected 2nd rounder that I was hoping they'd be able to get there or with the Saints pick if necessary. Now he feels like a prospect that could become one of this year's darlings whose combine shoots him into the mid 1st.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Campbell has a chance to be the first to go. I love Brown out of Ole Miss the more I watch. That's a WC offense WR right there. Metcalf is intriguing as hell too. Totally fine using that Saints pick on a WR if that means we can skip signing a FA WR and spend more on D.

We've got like a half a dozen WRs who we're discussing as potential FRPs, someone will be available in the second.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers 2019 Rookie Pool allocation from OTC

https://overthecap.com/draft/

With 10 draft picks, GB comes in at $ 10, 275, 003

Only 4 teams have a higher allocation than GB

Now subtract off the 10 veterans making 675k that they'll replace and you have the "real" cap hit. 

Yup.  The $10M is what the draft picks will count for the 2019 season at the current picks, but the Net increase to the cap needs to deduct the player on the top 51 the draft pick is replacing.  A conservative bottom player on the top 51 is around 600-700K.

GB net rookie draft picks cap hit will be around $3-4M