2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

10 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Yeah I'm having a hard time with that.

Would you rather have Ferrell and Fant/Risner or Josh Allen?

Polite and Hockenson or Greg Little who I see all over the boards too. Honestly, if Allen and Polite are gone, I'm taking Simmons then a guy like Sweat,  or Burns with Saints pick. Hoping Hockenson is there in round 2 when we pick. 

A guy who can be disruptive as an interior pass rusher is as important as an EDGE rusher. Mike Daniels has been good, but seems to have lost it a bit as a pass rusher. 

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Brain and good work ethic? Word is he can recall almost every play from every game he played and very bright. 

Also heard Robert Brooks back in the day on radio. He was a workout warrior and was asked by the host if it was lonely being the first one in the weight room every day. He said “not really, I’m usually second”. The host says, “second? Who’s there before you?” Brooks says “Bret! You think he’s good only because he’s gifted? Dude works harder than anyone here”. 

Brett has a reputation as a partyer and maybe he was but you don’t get to that level without busting your but. Maybe didn’t take it seriously in Atlanta but feel he definitely did while here in GB.  

Brett barely ever took practice seriously. He skipped film sessions on the regular. He himself says he didn't prepare like he should have.

You don't get to be the all-time INT leader on accident. 

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

Mulling over a few random draft related items. 

I know I've been there before, but thedraftnetwork.com has quickly become my go-to source this year.  Impressive breakdowns of players, good looking website, and tons of new content.  

If Josh Allen slipped past #5, how much would you be willing to give up to go and get him?  

Jeffery Simmons, Hakeem Butler, Josh Jacobs and TJ Hockenson have been shooting up quite a few big boards.  (Jeremiah had Hock going to Detroit at #8 in his first mock.)  Guys like Wilkins and Sweat seem to be dropping a bit, and Rashan Gary is absolutely all over the place.  I'm sure there is always quite a bit of movement at this time of year, but I find it interesting that certain players seem to get noticed by one "expert" and then they start to fly up/down the rest of the big boards shortly after. 

Thats why I'm cautious weighing in.....as my "expert" opinion can tend to make or break careers :)

25 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Who can tell me more about Lukas Denis out of BC? 

small, unreliable tackler. smart/excellent communicator. not versatile, but a pretty reliable guy back in coverage. definitely knows how to break on the ball and come up w/ it as evidenced by his stats from like 2 years ago. i'm "meh" on him. just a deep safety imo. doesn't play w/ physicality & doesn't have the frame to really. i was averse to jessie bates last year too though.. who was similar in the excellent in the backend, but plays soft trope for safeties.  

Not that this has any bearing, but three really good football players at #12 in past three drafts. Need to make this trend continue.

Last three No. 12 overall picks:
2018: Vita Vea, DT (Buccaneers)
2017: Deshaun Watson, QB (Texans)
2016: Sheldon Rankins, DT (Saints)

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Not that this has any bearing, but three really good football players at #12 in past three drafts. Need to make this trend continue.

Last three No. 12 overall picks:
2018: Vita Vea, DT (Buccaneers)
2017: Deshaun Watson, QB (Texans)
2016: Sheldon Rankins, DT (Saints)

2019: Clelin Ferrell

• Like 1