2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

You look at him and you listen to him talk and you can tell he's socially stupid

Not sure about Rosen, but I saw part of the NFL training camp show when Goff was a rookie. Coach wanted to prove a point about consistency and asked Goff where the sun rose. He didnt have a clue. When told it rose in the east he acted like it was a revelation.

They showed him sharing his new found information with his teammates who some looked at him wondering if he was an idiot.

Anyway, you can sound pretty stupid and still play QB apparently.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jared Goff had a good game his rookie season against the Saints.  He's also a bad QB disguised by a great scheme.  Anybody who watched that Super Bowl and thinks he's a good QB is kidding themselves. 

I think Goff is a good QB because I've watched more than one game of his.

21 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

Not sure about Rosen, but I saw part of the NFL training camp show when Goff was a rookie. Coach wanted to prove a point about consistency and asked Goff where the sun rose. He didnt have a clue. When told it rose in the east he acted like it was a revelation.

They showed him sharing his new found information with his teammates who some looked at him wondering if he was an idiot.

Anyway, you can sound pretty stupid and still play QB apparently.

Goff wise...let's see what happens to him next year.  BB exposed him as more of a puppet for McVay than anything else.  Other teams will try to confuse him just like BB did...waiting till the clock winds down to get set on defense.

Goff has a long road ahead of him.  He'd better be getting up before the sun rises and taking to some serious teaching by McVay.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have a pulse on QB outlooks after their rookie years.  I haven't been wrong yet.  It's an art, not a science.  It's inborn, innate, indescribable.  I am the QB Knower. 

Interesting that people who get paid millions of dollars to know or understand these things you state you've never been wrong on have been wrong multiple times. However, you seem to always get it right and yet are stuck telling us about it behind your computer screen. The world just isn't fair.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If Simmons falls to 30 I hope we run to the board with that pick.

I think he sees a Sidney Jones kind of plummet if it's a redshirt type of year. Just a guess. If that's the case though then I absolutely run that card to the table with 0 problems looking back with our 2nd round pick. I don't know if I want to redshirt pick #30 but I suppose it would really depend on how that board is looking at that point.

Edited by Nick_gb

Maybe I'm selfish, but this team needs an injection of talent now. We traded down last year for a future asset. It's a strong draft, time to cash in and get to work. No way I take someone in the first knowing they have to sit a year. The learning curve is far too great to throw a year away

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If Simmons falls to 30 I hope we run to the board with that pick.

Would certainly be a nice luxury to have that with both Dean and Daniels unsigned after this year.

Although I still think 30 would be too high.  44 actually sounds about right to be honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Maybe I'm selfish, but this team needs an injection of talent now. We traded down last year for a future asset. It's a strong draft, time to cash in and get to work. No way I take someone in the first knowing they have to sit a year. The learning curve is far too great to throw a year away

Having a player play well as a rookie starter is a bonus. You don't draft them for their rookie year, you draft them for a career. That even applies to first round picks.

21 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Having a player play well as a rookie starter is a bonus. You don't draft them for their rookie year, you draft them for a career. That even applies to first round picks.

No, no, no.  I demand all rookies perform to peak level in year 1 or we ship them out.