2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

26 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Two letters..... PR.

It might be kind of a reverse PR too.
In addition to the public display showing the league is " 100% against DV !!"
It also prevents the media from interviewing them during the combine and making it into an even bigger an issue
It also keeps the dumbass coaches from asking dumbass questions during the interviews :  remember when Dez was asked if his mother was a whore ?
I wonder how the league will handle the medicals for these players, that's one of the big benefits of the combine; having a Central Scrutinizer

https://youtu.be/ljnT49jU9vM

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So they let them in the league without issue, but the don't allow access to all 32 teams to interview and get to personally know players red flagged players in a centralized location. Sound logic NFL. What exactly are you accomplishing here?

They should invite them to combine but only allow them to participate in specific seminars.  Let them hear from former players about how to not throw their careers away.  Kinda like they do at the rookie symposiums.  But they don't get to participate in any drills or practice of any kind.  It's all interviews and seminars.  If you're gonna allow red flagged players in the league, at least try to help them off the field.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

You're kidding right? He was defending himself from a crazy lunatic. He should be commended for his restraint. 

I've not watched the video and dont intend to. My opinion doesnt matter.

This does:

The NCAA’s all-time sack leader, who attended Louisiana Tech, had his combine invite rescinded because a background check revealed that he had been convicted of simple battery as a freshman after a fight at a McDonald’s, according to Tuesday’s report.

Whether thats Jaylan Ferguson - or not - or he's defending himself from a crazy lunatic - or not - doesnt matter to me.

What matters is that Jaylan Ferguson was convicted of a crime.

The NFL is trying NOT to become the decision maker here. Trying not to pass judgement on the severity of the matter.
As noted by another: policy always at some point screws someone over.

The league is leaving the teams to determine the grey area of the issue - which they're more than comfortable doing.

37 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know if I'm super dense or you guys are, but that's a 2013 video and, unless my eyes deceive me, the attacker is a white woman. @ThatJerkDave probably just posted it as a joke and it flew miles above everyone's head it seems.

It's the lady that went on a beserk after Mickey D's ran out of nugs lol.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I've not watched the video and dont intend to. My opinion doesnt matter.

This does:

The NCAA’s all-time sack leader, who attended Louisiana Tech, had his combine invite rescinded because a background check revealed that he had been convicted of simple battery as a freshman after a fight at a McDonald’s, according to Tuesday’s report.

Whether thats Jaylan Ferguson - or not - or he's defending himself from a crazy lunatic - or not - doesnt matter to me.

What matters is that Jaylan Ferguson was convicted of a crime.

The NFL is trying NOT to become the decision maker here. Trying not to pass judgement on the severity of the matter.
As noted by another: policy always at some point screws someone over.

The league is leaving the teams to determine the grey area of the issue - which they're more than comfortable doing.

I responded to the notion that he should be in jail for this incident on video which is total bull****. I did NOT comment whatsoever on his being uninvited to the combine. The league can do what they please. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's the lady that went on a beserk after Mickey D's ran out of nugs lol.

Yes.  The audio isn't actually real either.  So who really knows what set her off.  There are a surprising number of altercations at restaurants to watch on the internet, if you are so inclined.  It passes the time at work when I decide I don't want to work.

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I responded to the notion that he should be in jail for this incident on video which is total bull****. I did NOT comment whatsoever on his being uninvited to the combine. The league can do what they please. 

c'mon dude stop using logic and reason

33 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Thats cool. Outside of quoting your comment, I wasnt alluding to you saying anything.
Was he facing jail time for this? I dont know and dont care actually. I didnt watch the video.

He was convicted of simple battery - punching somebody - and if this video's to believed, it was nothing more than an altercation that got out of hand. Not a crime against nature IMO and wont have any bearing on his draft status. The guy's the NCAA’s all-time sack leader. Thats all that will (and should) matter in the end.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats cool. Outside of quoting your comment, I wasnt alluding to you saying anything.
Was he facing jail time for this? I dont know and dont care actually. I didnt watch the video.

He was convicted of simple battery - punching somebody - and if this video's to believed, it was nothing more than an altercation that got out of hand. Not a crime against nature IMO and wont have any bearing on his draft status. The guy's the NCAA’s all-time sack leader. Thats all that will (and should) matter in the end.

Dude.  Watch.  The.  Video.  It isn't him.  It is a woman who is clearly not breathing the same air as the rest of us.  It was a video post made for the sake of humor.