2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Anyone convicted of a crime is invited, gun charge, DUI, drugs, any charge other than assault or battery.

It's a completely stupid and pointless rule that prevents nothing, just let the guys go to the Combine.

lol. A gun charge is MUCH worse than a misd level assault...

6 hours ago, DocHambone said:

lol. A gun charge is MUCH worse than a misd level assault...

I feel like disagreeing. I’d rather see an unregistered and unloaded gun in Florida in a case than have anything to do with someone who’s actually committed violence.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

Makes no sense .. if he's approved to play in the league he should be fine to appear at the combine.  

I agree with this logic but I also think they have this rule to discourage major student athletes from getting in trouble and hurting the bottom line with bad publicity. It’s also an advantage for players who don’t make bad choices.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I agree with this logic but I also think they have this rule to discourage major student athletes from getting in trouble and hurting the bottom line with bad publicity. It’s also an advantage for players who don’t make bad choices.

I would totally agree with this if their rule included other charges as well. If its just assault then it makes no sense

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Only one for me would be Ferrell but hes not a top-10 guy, just nothing special about him. I'd say he's an 18-25 guy.

I would agree with Ferrel not being special in any one area but he's the most well rounded pass rusher(I forgot about Bosa) out there. His pass rush film was better in 2017 but he got much better against the run this year. I'd have to look up the play but he had an amazing play against bama on the goal line. I'd be happy with him with our first pick and I think Pettine would too. 

You guys are undervaluing Ferrell here just like Ledyard is. The only way he doesn't go top-10 is if three QB's shoot up the board. He's a very solid player who can step in and make an impact almost immediately. Personally, I'd love to see us trade back to 15, grab Wilkins there, and then grab his teammate Austin Bryant in the 3rd. Dude's flying under the radar IMHO. Adderley at 30, and then the best OL at 44.

15 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Then why dig up a simple HS fight at Mickey D's that literally no one other than scouts knew about in the case of Ferguson? I get it for a well publicized case like Simmons or Mixon. No one knew or cared about Ferguson. The NFL brought to light something minor and insignificant. 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

You guys are undervaluing Ferrell here just like Ledyard is. The only way he doesn't go top-10 is if three QB's shoot up the board. He's a very solid player who can step in and make an impact almost immediately. Personally, I'd love to see us trade back to 15, grab Wilkins there, and then grab his teammate Austin Bryant in the 3rd. Dude's flying under the radar IMHO. Adderley at 30, and then the best OL at 44.

I don't know about this. Ferrell is probably going to test pretty poorly. And there's already a list of guys we KNOW are going to go before him (barring something unforeseen like an injury/legal issue): Bosa, Allen, and Williams. That's the clear first tier imo. The next tier includes about 15 guys and Ferrell is probably going to test worse than pretty much all of them (non-QBs of course).

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Then why dig up a simple HS fight at Mickey D's that literally no one other than scouts knew about in the case of Ferguson? I get it for a well publicized case like Simmons or Mixon. No one knew or cared about Ferguson. The NFL brought to light something minor and insignificant. 

Exactly. This rule isn't going to make anyone go "oh I might miss the combine if I punch this guy in this crazy heat of the moment ordeal." It's a PR move to avoid them being talked about, but it doesn't work. It does the opposite. Because the news that they aren't going to it is way bigger than the PR would be from them being there, IMO. It's silly. 

I get they supposedly think it's a good look to not let them in but it actually makes it a bigger deal this way.

• Like 1