2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

It could go something like this.  Bryce Love should be our 3rd RB and kick returner, he is lightening in a bottle.  Plus, drafting two OL increasing competition.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 19: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky 
Round 1 Pick 30: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi Stat
Round 2 Pick 19: Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford 
Round 3 Pick 18: Tell III, Marvell, FS, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 19: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson 
Round 4 Pick 24: Beckner Jr, Terry, DT, Missouri 
Round 5 Pick 19: Scharping, Max, OT, Northern Illinois 
Round 6 Pick 14: Fritts, Brandon, TE, North Carolina 
Round 6 Pick 19: Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma 
Round 7 Pick 19: Hartage, Montre, CB, Northwestern 

On 11/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, CWood21 said:

I think you're missing what I'm saying.  It seems year-after-year we talk about how good these 'Bama players are, and they tend to get overdrafted.  I mean, does anyone truly believe that Da'Ron Payne was higher than say Derwin James or Jaire Alexander?  Was Rashaan Evans better than Mikes Hughes or Isaiah Wynn?  I'm not saying ignore them all together.  I just tend to think they tend to go higher than they should.

dude, da'ron payne is really good 

9 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

It could go something like this.  Bryce Love should be our 3rd RB and kick returner, he is lightening in a bottle.  Plus, drafting two OL increasing competition.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 19: Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky 
Round 1 Pick 30: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi Stat
Round 2 Pick 19: Love, Bryce, RB, Stanford 
Round 3 Pick 18: Tell III, Marvell, FS, Southern California 
Round 4 Pick 19: Hyatt, Mitch, OT, Clemson 
Round 4 Pick 24: Beckner Jr, Terry, DT, Missouri 
Round 5 Pick 19: Scharping, Max, OT, Northern Illinois 
Round 6 Pick 14: Fritts, Brandon, TE, North Carolina 
Round 6 Pick 19: Brown, Marquise, WR, Oklahoma 
Round 7 Pick 19: Hartage, Montre, CB, Northwestern 

I want defensive picks as much as the next guy, and definitely want the pass rush upgraded. and if Allen and Sweat are there I wouldn't hesitate.

However, I really do worry about overlooking adding talent around Rodgers. Wolf always said he regretted not surrounding Favre with more talent and I worry that we do that with Rodgers in an effort to fix the defense that is already on the uptick. Getting some more offensive talent would also help mitigate the severity of Rodgers being out a few games if he gets hurt. Love may not  be the guy, but I'm glad you added an offensive playmaker somewhat early. And I am on board with upgrading RB because we're an injury away from Williams being the lead back. While I like him, he's not dynamic. 

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want defensive picks as much as the next guy, and definitely want the pass rush upgraded. and if Allen and Sweat are there I wouldn't hesitate.

However, I really do worry about overlooking adding talent around Rodgers. Wolf always said he regretted not surrounding Favre with more talent and I worry that we do that with Rodgers in an effort to fix the defense that is already on the uptick. Getting some more offensive talent would also help mitigate the severity of Rodgers being out a few games if he gets hurt. Love may not  be the guy, but I'm glad you added an offensive playmaker somewhat early. And I am on board with upgrading RB because we're an injury away from Williams being the lead back. While I like him, he's not dynamic. 

I think Gute hit the later pick jackpot at WR.  We'll be okay.  RB is a need though.  If we don't go early for one, then I like Montgomery from Iowa State or Snell from Kentucky.    Williams as our #1 RB means we'll throw the ball 40+ a game.

Plus, get a young TE to develop. Graham looks like he's on his last year or so, don't wait until it's too late.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

I think Gute hit the later pick jackpot at WR.  We'll be okay.  RB is a need though.  If we don't go early for one, then I like Montgomery from Iowa State or Snell from Kentucky.    Williams as our #1 RB means we'll throw the ball 40+ a game.

Plus, get a young TE to develop. Graham looks like he's on his last year or so, don't wait until it's too late.

We've needed to draft a developmental TE for years. This draft has some good talent so hopefully we find Jimmy's successor. 

21 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

We've needed to draft a developmental TE for years. This draft has some good talent so hopefully we find Jimmy's successor. 

Not sure its that we havent been picking up developmental TE's - as none of them seem to have done much developing - and since we're not dedicating any top draft slots to the position - we've needed to snag top slot FA's - who (for various reasons...) we've been going thru like a deck of cards. 

12 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

So you're spending a 3rd round pick on a 3rd string RB and a KR?  No thanks.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
12 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

So you're spending a 3rd round pick on a 3rd string RB and a KR?  No thanks.

It was actually his 2nd round pick.... If he could be a HOF caliber returner and a decent RB2, I would do it. But I wouldn't take that risk.