2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

He was hires in February 2016, same time when they hired Ben Sirmans.

Right, I think he's got a pretty good track record of working with less heralded prospects at the position. Tonyan is really the first he's going to really have as putty from start to finish here. I wouldn't mind seeing a roster construction of Marcedes/other vet, Graham and Tonyan next year. That would obviously indicate the staff believes Tonyan could be a serious player.

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Right, I think he's got a pretty good track record of working with less heralded prospects at the position. Tonyan is really the first he's going to really have as putty from start to finish here. I wouldn't mind seeing a roster construction of Marcedes/other vet, Graham and Tonyan next year. That would obviously indicate the staff believes Tonyan could be a serious player.

Are you thinking you find a true FB or are you training Tonyan as the H-Back?

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are you thinking you find a true FB or are you training Tonyan as the H-Back?

I'm still pro true FB but I think Tonyan could pick up that part. If he doesn't I'd be in favor of letting Marcedes go for someone who fits the spot. Or hell roll with 4 TE's again, I just see TE as a value pick this year, not a necessity.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm still pro true FB but I think Tonyan could pick up that part. If he doesn't I'd be in favor of letting Marcedes go for someone who fits the spot. Or hell roll with 4 TE's again, I just see TE as a value pick this year, not a necessity.

I've always kinda been of the opinion that TE is a spot perfect for Free Agency, especially the blocking ones. Guys like Kendricks and Lewis can be had cheap to do their limited roles reliably. 

Agree completely that there's no reason to go looking for a top of the line tight end this year. The class sucks and also graham is still signed for two more seasons. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

On the subject of RB's, go ahead and give me David Montgomery. If we decide to fire Mac, Montgomery's HC can follow him here imo.

David Montgomery is like a 70 overall in the Madden draft class I downloaded with a normal progression rating.  Hard pass.

Edited by Outpost31

Rankings of Edge Rushers from the Huddle Report. Number in parantheses is overall ranking on their value board which is cool.

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/valueboard.shtml  I like how they lay things out. Lots of info all on one page to view and ponder

1. Nick Bosa (2)

2. Clelin Ferrell (5)

3. Rashan Gary (8)

4. Josh Allen (15)

5. Montez Sweat (18)

6. Brian Burns (19)

7. Jachai Polite (26)

8. Zach Allen (31)

9. Jalen Jelks (44)

10. Joe Jackson (46)

11. Chase Winovich (51)

12. Anfernee Jennings (52)

13. Austin Bryant (70)

14. Jaylon Ferguson (84)

15. Ben Banogu (85)

16. Sutton Smith (98)

Edited by cannondale

I'm telling ya.....Grant Delpit.  Remember the name.  After the season he'll apply to the NFL advisory and when he gets his 1st round grade he will declare.  He is as good as Derwin James was last year.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Alabama nose tackle Quinnen Williams, Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen and LSU safety Grant Delpit give the Southeastern Conference three of the five finalists for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy given to the nation’s top defensive player.

The other finalists announced Wednesday were Michigan linebacker Devin Bush and Clemson defensive tackle Christian Wilkins.

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm telling ya.....Grant Delpit.  Remember the name.  After the season he'll apply to the NFL advisory and when he gets his 1st round grade he will declare.  He is as good as Derwin James was last year.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Alabama nose tackle Quinnen Williams, Kentucky linebacker Josh Allen and LSU safety Grant Delpit give the Southeastern Conference three of the five finalists for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy given to the nation’s top defensive player.

The other finalists announced Wednesday were Michigan linebacker Devin Bush and Clemson defensive tackle Christian Wilkins.

I agree with everything except being as good as Derwin James.