2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

I really like the idea of drafting a safety and a pass rusher in round one.  If one of them hits, our defense is a top ten unit next year.  If both of them hit, we're top five. 

I also like the idea of drafting skill positions with each of our second, third and fourth round picks, then going all OL the rest of the draft.

We've got enough 2nd-7th round talent on defense, not enough first round talent on defense. 

Our offense just needs depth and more potential.  I'm anticipating a very significant second year jump from all of our rookie receivers.  Something like 60 receptions for 800 yards and 7 touchdowns from MVS, 30/400 from ESB and 15/200 from Moore. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really like the idea of drafting a safety and a pass rusher in round one.  If one of them hits, our defense is a top ten unit next year.  If both of them hit, we're top five. 

I also like the idea of drafting skill positions with each of our second, third and fourth round picks, then going all OL the rest of the draft.

We've got enough 2nd-7th round talent on defense, not enough first round talent on defense. 

Our offense just needs depth and more potential.  I'm anticipating a very significant second year jump from all of our rookie receivers.  Something like 60 receptions for 800 yards and 7 touchdowns from MVS, 30/400 from ESB and 15/200 from Moore. 

Think we really only need Guards and TEs on offense. I bet we'll stick with the WRs we  have, maybe a vet from FA. 

On 11/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, CWood21 said:

To an extent, I'd agree.  But they seem to underperform.  And that's coming from someone who liked quite a few in past years (Da'Ron Payne, Marlon Humphrey, etc.).  Aside from Julio Jones, I'm having a hard time finding any studs that come from Alabama.

payne is quite good

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Would definitely be a bit antsy waiting that long to grab an OL. Esp with Bulaga aging I’d love to see us grab a swing tackle on day 2. I think my ideal first 4 are:

1a: OLB

1b: DL (Daniels aging, Wilkerson unclear, Clark playing A LOT of snaps)

2: Safety

3: Swing tackle

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I get and pretty much agree with your point Cwood.

I also think that when you can take a safe pick who you think is a solid NFL starter... take that guy.  Because sometimes the safe picks turn into studs also.

I'm not saying you avoid "safe" prospects, I'm just saying that the system down in Tuscaloosa tends to make those players look way better than they actually are.  Do they not have good individual talent?  Absolutely.  Marlon Humphrey whom many really liked (including myself) has started 10 career games.  Reggie Ragland was traded for a conditional 4th round pick.  I mean, I can go on but it seems like 'Bama players tend to get overvalued on draft day.

28 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

Would definitely be a bit antsy waiting that long to grab an OL. Esp with Bulaga aging I’d love to see us grab a swing tackle on day 2. I think my ideal first 4 are:

1a: OLB

1b: DL (Daniels aging, Wilkerson unclear, Clark playing A LOT of snaps)

2: Safety

3: Swing tackle

Andre Dillard will be a Packer, it is known.

I want an edge rusher with the first pick, or in the first round. But I also want to come out of this off-season with a player like Tarik Cohen. You can find guys like that in mid rounds most years but they're relevant now. Tyreek is literally a generational talent and we won't be able to get him, but I want a shifty offensive tool. All the top teams have one now

I also don't care if we would need to spend a 1st to get one, but obviously if you're doing that you want someone on Hill or Kamara's level

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I want an edge rusher with the first pick, or in the first round. But I also want to come out of this off-season with a player like Tarik Cohen. You can find guys like that in mid rounds most years but they're relevant now. Tyreek is literally a generational talent and we won't be able to get him, but I want a shifty offensive tool. All the top teams have one now

I also don't care if we would need to spend a 1st to get one, but obviously if you're doing that you want someone on Hill or Kamara's level

Aaron Jones says no way!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Aaron Jones says no way!

Aaron Jones isn't a player we will put in the slot oir split out wide. The Saints have Kamara and Ingram on the field at the same time. Tyreek plays everywhere. Bell can play everywhere.