2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Aaron Jones isn't a player we will put in the slot oir split out wide. The Saints have Kamara and Ingram on the field at the same time. Tyreek plays everywhere. Bell can play everywhere. 

I think jones could dabble in that if the play calling called for it. Remember those routes he ran at UTEP?

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I really like the idea of drafting a safety and a pass rusher in round one.  If one of them hits, our defense is a top ten unit next year.  If both of them hit, we're top five. 

I also like the idea of drafting skill positions with each of our second, third and fourth round picks, then going all OL the rest of the draft.

We've got enough 2nd-7th round talent on defense, not enough first round talent on defense. 

Our offense just needs depth and more potential.  I'm anticipating a very significant second year jump from all of our rookie receivers.  Something like 60 receptions for 800 yards and 7 touchdowns from MVS, 30/400 from ESB and 15/200 from Moore. 

Dosent it kind of depend on who’s available?

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I want an edge rusher with the first pick, or in the first round. But I also want to come out of this off-season with a player like Tarik Cohen. You can find guys like that in mid rounds most years but they're relevant now. Tyreek is literally a generational talent and we won't be able to get him, but I want a shifty offensive tool. All the top teams have one now

I also don't care if we would need to spend a 1st to get one, but obviously if you're doing that you want someone on Hill or Kamara's level

Thought of this too. At the least i feel we want a younger Cobb

23 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I want an edge rusher with the first pick, or in the first round. But I also want to come out of this off-season with a player like Tarik Cohen. You can find guys like that in mid rounds most years but they're relevant now. Tyreek is literally a generational talent and we won't be able to get him, but I want a shifty offensive tool. All the top teams have one now

I also don't care if we would need to spend a 1st to get one, but obviously if you're doing that you want someone on Hill or Kamara's level

Bryce Love.  Instant offense.  But now you're relying on MM 'innovative' mindset.

25 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:
23 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Bryce Love.  Instant offense.  But now you're relying on MM 'innovative' mindset.

I'll throw MM a bone here.... he has not had a player like that in his time here. He tried to do it with Cobb, but Cobb just doesn't have the speed or shiftiness that these joystick players do. 

• Like 1

Fant confirmed to the Iowa media today that he would at least talk to the NFL advisory board.  A bit more surprising to some (not so much iowa fans) is that TJ Hock also said he'd seek advice from the board.  TJ is a RS soph.

I'd take either of the Iowa TE's in a heartbeat.   But Hock has the ability to block at a high level.  He's going to get a bunch of George Kittle comps come draft season, and they are very much deserved.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

interesting note connected to the Packers 

Thinking this is the route we go as well.  I think we have more faith in Josh Jones than we think we have in Josh Jones.  He has not been as visibly bad this year as Brice or Clinton-Dix, and he's almost on the other side of the field when we give up plays.  At least that's what I've been noticing. 

He might be Nick Collins 2.0.  People hate when I remind them that everybody hated Nick Collins for about his first three years. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Thinking this is the route we go as well.  I think we have more faith in Josh Jones than we think we have in Josh Jones.  He has not been as visibly bad this year as Brice or Clinton-Dix, and he's almost on the other side of the field when we give up plays.  At least that's what I've been noticing. 

He might be Nick Collins 2.0.  People hate when I remind them that everybody hated Nick Collins for about his first three years. 

Josh Jones is an ILB. He's not Nick Collins.

• Like 3