2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Wonder if that "former" Giants player personnel was released from his job as a scapegoat for the OBJ trade because it would take that kind of stupidity to draft Bush @ 12.

Yuck if we go ILB at 12 I may be done watching the draft. EDGE, IDL or OT if we really want a better ILB core trade back which sucks.

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yuck if we go ILB at 12 I may be done watching the draft. EDGE, IDL or OT if we really want a better ILB core trade back which sucks.

White I can accept at 12. But Bush? I dont need another Bush on our defense thats gonna piss me off every time I tune in on Sundays. Had to do that for 8 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

White I can accept at 12. But Bush? I dont need another Bush on our defense thats gonna piss me off every time I tune in on Sundays. Had to do that for 8 years. 

I just can't get on board with a non premium position at 12. There will be some good interior pass rushers, Edge and OT's that will be there at 12. I hate to say it but ILB in our defenses seem to be like RB's in a zone scheme. Do we really need something that sexy there. We need solid we don't need a HOF. Now a Interior DL that can get pressure quickly teamed with our OLB could force teams to pass earlier and put our CB's and S positions in good shape for turnovers. Just my dream anyway if Gute thinks White is the BPA then i guess it would be i just sure hope there are others no the board.

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I just can't get on board with a non premium position at 12. There will be some good interior pass rushers, Edge and OT's that will be there at 12. I hate to say it but ILB in our defenses seem to be like RB's in a zone scheme. Do we really need something that sexy there. We need solid we don't need a HOF. Now a Interior DL that can get pressure quickly teamed with our OLB could force teams to pass earlier and put our CB's and S positions in good shape for turnovers. Just my dream anyway if Gute thinks White is the BPA then i guess it would be i just sure hope there are others no the board.

ILB isn't my ideal position at 12 either but a player like White? I could at least come to terms with the why and how he got to that decision. With Bush? I'll literally have to run to Best Buy to replace my TV if we draft him at 12. My reaction will be far worse than us passing on Derwin James.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Hey, he's one of 52 players to record an INT in the Super Bowl. He's garbage but he's our garbage.

• Like 2

That 30th pick is getting a lot of attention!

"If you’re an avid fan of mock drafts for the NFL Draft, then you’ve come across the name Chris Lindstrom in 2019. Right now, the offensive guard from Boston College is considered a fringe first-rounder on my board, but the more I play around with mock drafts and try to figure out where he might land, I can’t help but think of one match made in heaven.

That match is with the Green Bay Packers. Just think about it, and when I say that, really think about it. Starting with the Packers’ offensive line now, they have some serious instability on the interior of their offensive line. In the middle, it starts with Corey Linsley at center. Could they look to replace the five-year veteran? Sure, but they probably won’t, and he’s under contract for two more years.

This moves us to their left guard and right guard spots. At left guard, Lane Taylor is the projected starter, if healthy. Unfortunately, he was banged up for most of the 2018 season and is entering the second season of his three-year contract extension. Altogether, he should be back and in the starting lineup for the 2019 season. This leaves the right guard position that will be a competition between Justin McCray (64.6 overall grade, per PFF) and Lucas Patrick (47.2 overall grade). Both have been decent but nothing special, and that’s what this exercise is about — finding them something special"

Zach Kruse‏:  I'm fully prepared for him to be the guy at 30

7 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Hey, he's one of 52 players to record an INT in the Super Bowl. He's garbage but he's our garbage.

Jarrett Bush got so much unwarranted flack in the latter parts of his career. I remember being at the bar and every time the opposing team made a big play, you'd hear somebody blame it on Bush...meanwhile, he wasn't even on the field for said play.  

He was a special teams ace and could play CB/S in a pinch. You need guys like that. He was super likeable in person too.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

3rd round might be a little early for RB tbh. Especially with me not being in love with the class. Would rather wait until middle of day 3 to grab one.

I agree actually.  I wanted to throw it in there since it was empty.  DT is my draft crush so I pimp him whenever I can.  4th round is about right for a running back, and I think Thompson might still be there in 5th just because he's being overlooked a bit due to him only playing one year in FBS and being snubbed from the combine, and possibly because he's only 5'8".  I think he's going to annihilate his pro day though which should help his draft stock.

Since I haven't said it in awhile, here's a semi-monthly reminder...

Any mock that doesn't have the Packers selecting Parris Campbell (#44 perhaps) should be poisoned, delimbed, have its teeth removed, set ablaze, and have it's ashes buried forever.

Happy Friday everybody!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Darwin Thompson:

Vision/Patience - Patient zone runner who waits for his blocks to develop before getting downhill decisively. Rarely dances behind the line of scrimmage and shows good vision to find creases and accelerate downhill.

Burst - Explosive mover who can slip through creases between the tackles and accelerate through the second level. Feet move a mile a minute and can be tough to get a direct bead on in the open field.

Pass Protection - Tries valiantly, but just doesn't have the size or strength to hold up 1v1.

WORST TRAIT - Speed

RED FLAGS - None

Worst trait is speed?  I'm not sure who's saying that, but if you watch his highlights he regularly outruns everyone on the field, and it's not even close.  I don't think speed is a weakness for him at all.  The dude can fly.  He does need to work on his pass blocking though, and he admitted as much in an interview.  He also said he wants to learn how to pass block properly because it's something he was never taught.  His short stature is somewhat limiting, but he's strong as an ox and not at all afraid of contact, so I think he'll be ok.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Since I haven't said it in awhile, here's a semi-monthly reminder...

Any mock that doesn't have the Packers selecting Parris Campbell (#44 perhaps) should be poisoned, delimbed, have its teeth removed, set ablaze, and have it's ashes buried forever.

Happy Friday everybody!

so are you saying that because you think they will select him or because hes your draft crush?