2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

3 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

I just can't get on board with a non premium position at 12. There will be some good interior pass rushers, Edge and OT's that will be there at 12. I hate to say it but ILB in our defenses seem to be like RB's in a zone scheme. Do we really need something that sexy there. We need solid we don't need a HOF. Now a Interior DL that can get pressure quickly teamed with our OLB could force teams to pass earlier and put our CB's and S positions in good shape for turnovers. Just my dream anyway if Gute thinks White is the BPA then i guess it would be i just sure hope there are others no the board.

I wouldn't hold your breath on it.  Since Ted took over, we've only taken two non-premium positions in the first round.  AJ Hawk and HHCD were the only non-premium positions we took with our first pick.  I'm pretty damn sure our first pick will either be an EDGE (Burns or Ferrell) or a DL (Ed Oliver).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

With the Dolphins trading Tannehill, 12th overall just became the spot to get the third QB in the draft. 

Figure Murray and Haskins will be gone (or if they're not we've got more value).  Dolphins are sitting at 13th overall.  Unless the Dolphins move up, if anyone wants to get a QB, they're going to have to get him at 12th overall considering it's almost a foregone conclusion the Dolphins are taking one at 13. 

Drew Lock or Daniel Jones are probably going 12th overall. 

Why not trade up with Cincinnati at 11?

Lot of solid prospects on that Michigan D.

I absolutely love Devin Bush, and i absolutely hated Burns gametape...if i had to pick between the two at 12...im going Bush. call me crazy, i dont care, i think you all crazy for thinking Burns is gonna be great. Shane Ray 2.0. (i also think Sweat plays soft as butter as well, and want no part of him)

GET PETTINE HIS GAME CHANGING ILB!

yall will get on board with it, eventually, after a few weeks.

I actually like Bush's gametape more than Whites. GIVE ME A DEVIN AFTER A TRADE DOWN TO 15. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Why do we even do the draft then if you know what all the picks are gonna be

I really actually wish I knew.  12 seems to be DL/EDGE, but 30/44 is a head scratcher.  Kinda get the feeling they'll move down from 30 into the early 2nd round, and then trade back up from their 3rd round pick.  Don't see us rostering 10+ rookies this year, so I'd anticipate we'll move around quite a bit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really actually wish I knew.  12 seems to be DL/EDGE, but 30/44 is a head scratcher.  Kinda get the feeling they'll move down from 30 into the early 2nd round, and then trade back up from their 3rd round pick.  Don't see us rostering 10+ rookies this year, so I'd anticipate we'll move around quite a bit.

I think it's just as likely they pick at 12 and then use a 4th to move up to 24-26

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I think it's just as likely they pick at 12 and then use a 4th to move up to 24-26

What's the difference between 24/26 and 30?  Not saying there won't be someone whose on a different tier.  Just think it's far more likely we move down than up from our first round pick from the Saints.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Unless they view Turner as a possible replacement for Bulaga. Don't forget Turner has played both positions at Denver and has the length/size for the OT position. I don't think his signing changes much and the Packers would be dumb to reach for a lesser OT versus passing on Lindstrom who's probably as close to a lock at OG as you're going to get in this draft. 

I think they like Turner's versatility but i believe they view him as a guard. It is also possible, if Bulaga has a healthy, productive season, and is affordable; he could be re-signed. I don't personally think they take OL early, no matter the position. I assume they wait until the mid-rounds.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because you have like a dozen WRs who could be argued for top WR, and none of them have really separated themselves.  And in terms of value, it's probably better off to grab a WR on Day 2 than it is Day 1.

that's kinda what i'm saying 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Better chance that we draft a QB with 12 and 30 than there is of the Dolphins staying put at 13. They're trying to jump the Giants as we speak.

I guess the question is if Murray, Haskins, and Lock all go in the top 11... is there going to be a rush for the Duke kid?