2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Also, Simmons at 12 would be no problem. In fact, it would tell me a lot about the confidence of our GM. I would like it immensely. 

Conversely, him taking a QB in the top 75 picks would dash my confidence in him. But that won't happen. 

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Everyone and their mother had GB taking Kevin King. And people who recognize Packers draft tendencies had Kenny Clark, including Justis and myself, and a host of others. 

It's honestly not that hard to figure out who GB would like based on tendencies, only where they would take them. They have Brian Burns on their board. Do they value him highly at 12? I'd bet he'd be in consideration there.

Honestly, Simmons at #12 would not surprise me. I could even see them being higher on Tillery than most. He fits their athletic profile at DT  

A lot of truth to this, I think Tillery is high on their board too.

I really do not care who did and did not have Clark and King high on their Packer board thought. I think that argument that is taking place on this forum between two posters primarily is pretty stupid. No one cares who looks more right on the internet. If you think others do, you put way too much perceived  importance into your opinion. No one is more or less confident in a draft pick because of an opinion your are expressing in this forum.

• Like 1

Wouldn't Wilkins be the squeaky clean version of Simmons ? He's the least talked about. 

DE was my first guess based on need since Day One. Wasn't sure there would be one left worth taking at #12.  Hoping we can wait till #44 for a safety, but I'm betting on a huge WR / S run in the 2nd round. Give me an OT on a 5 year contract at #30

Edited by cannondale

My personal dream scenario:

12. Josh Allen shockingly falls and becomes a Packer as Gutey trips all over himself hustling the pick up himself.

30. Tillery

44. Thornhill

After that, go heavy offense getting 2 mid round TEs and take S Will Harris later.

A player I bet we are overlooking that the Pack wants is Irv Smith. Tough minded TE that runs good routes and comes from NFL bloodlines. I think the Pack might take him at 44 if he is there whether we like it or not.

1 minute ago, PackFan4Life said:

No one cares who looks more right on the internet.

You're 100% right. 

That's why nothing I've said at all today has anything to do with about being right about any DPs (I don't give a flying whatever) or claiming I know exactly what's going on tonight (because I don't, no one does).  

Like I stated from the beginning (and have continued to state), all I want is a calm and peaceful DRAFT DAY free of incessant (and extremely repetitive rants).

That's all. 

10 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Also, Simmons at 12 would be no problem. In fact, it would tell me a lot about the confidence of our GM. I would like it immensely. 

Conversely, him taking a QB in the top 75 picks would dash my confidence in him. But that won't happen. 

I'd be cool with it .. Simmons is a stud.  I do kind of expect an offensively heavy draft since we have a new offensive minded head coach who I'm sure has a certain style of player he'd like to incorporate.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Wouldn't Wilkins be the squeaky clean version of Simmons ? He's the least talked about. 

DE was my first guess based on need since Day One. Wasn't sure there would be one left worth taking at #12.  Hoping we can wait till 44 for a safety, but I'm betting on a huge WR / S run in the 2nd round.

I have a feeling if Wilkins is available at 12, Gutey might take him at 12. He is not Simmons good, but he is healthy and a very good prospect at a premium position.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be cool with it .. Simmons is a stud.  I do kind of expect an offensively heavy draft since we have a new offensive minded head coach who I'm sure has a certain style of player he's like to incorporate.  

I am expecting a very heavy offensive draft after pick 12 this year. I just do not think there is an offensive player I would take at 12 over what might be available on the D side of the ball or what they would get in trade value for a trade back in 12.

Just now, PackFan4Life said:

I am expecting a very heavy offensive draft after pick 12 this year. I just do not think there is an offensive player I would take at 12 over what might be available on the D side of the ball or what they would get in trade value for a trade back in 12.

I'm not sure it'll be offensive heavy just based on where the talent is concentrated (S and EDGE), but I could definitely see something closer to 50/50. 

2 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

I have a feeling if Wilkins is available at 12, Gutey might take him at 12. He is not Simmons good, but he is healthy and a very good prospect at a premium position.

Wouldn't hate it but then again theres only a handful of guys I'd be happy with at 12 and the board would have to fall the right way.

Wouldn't mind trading out of both 1st round slots honestly. It feels like 12-20 is almost the same pick 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Gotta decide if I want to go in and run for a little bit so I can eat junk all day or if it'll be too tense to snack during the draft. 

Just got in a 40 minute walk.  Probably will walk for another 40 before the draft.  Gonna be wings and pizza tonight.

17 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

You're 100% right. 

That's why nothing I've said at all today has anything to do with about being right about any DPs (I don't give a flying whatever) or claiming I know exactly what's going on tonight (because I don't, no one does).  

Like I stated from the beginning (and have continued to state), all I want is a calm and peaceful DRAFT DAY free of incessant (and extremely repetitive rants).

That's all. 

No dog in this fight but you are the one continuously antagonizing this situation and making in continue to go on. You attacked him after he mentioned one thing, then his only response was " I am done with Polite" and you write another paragraph, attacking him and complaining when you could of just let it go. You don't seem like you want a very peaceful day. Are you the one in charge of what everyone can talk about on this board? We have talked about this draft for a year now, every single thing said is going to be repetitive and Burns is one of the main guys that has been mocked to us a lot so of course he is going to come up in conversation often. 

I don't hate Brian Burns but I have concerns with being the pick at 12, am I allowed to voice that concern on the day of the draft or would that makes things not calm and peaceful? I would prefer an incessant rant about an actual player, than an incessant rant complaining about people talking about a certain player. 

Edited by Victor1124
  • Like 2