2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, vegas492 said:

Just got in a 40 minute walk.  Probably will walk for another 40 before the draft.  Gonna be wings and pizza tonight.

Just settled for some light forearm/calf workouts and an 8 minute mile, then a 15 minute mile. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just settled for some light forearm/calf workouts and an 8 minute mile, then a 15 minute mile. 

I wish I could run, but with a new hip, doc says walking is best.  

Sounds like you have a nice day of activity planned.  Smart.  Me?  I gotta walk more, drink more water and try not to go too crazy with pizza/wings/bourbon.  But who am I kidding, it is going to be a horrendous eating day.

Tons of guys that I love in this draft, I'm confident that Gutey will do what is right.

As far me?  I want Clellin Ferrell, wherever that may be.  He's a very good football player and will produce right away.

And I want a safety.  CGJ, Adderly, Hooker or Savage.

Those are my personal favorites.  Much love for other guys, but those are my horses in this draft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

No dog in this fight but you are the one continuously antagonizing this situation and making in continue to go on. You attacked him after he mentioned one thing, then his only response was " I am done with Polite" and you write another paragraph, attacking him and complaining when you could of just let it go. You don't seem like you want a very peaceful day. Are you the one in charge of what everyone can talk about on this board? We have talked about this draft for a year now, every single thing said is going to be repetitive and Burns is one of the main guys that has been mocked to us a lot so of course he is going to come up in conversation often. 

I don't hate Brian Burns but I have concerns with being the pick at 12, am I allowed to voice that concern on the day of the draft or would that makes things not calm and peaceful? I would prefer an incessant rant about an actual player, than an incessant rant complaining about people talking about a certain player. 

2 hours ago, Cadmus said:

No one wants to deal with ranting (from anyone) on Draft Day. 

Let's just keep it civil and enjoy the day that many of us have been patiently waiting for since the end of the season (more accurately Week 12 or so). 

That is what I wrote, go check the response I got. 

I don't care what you have to say about Burns, if you don't like him that's totally fine with me, and he may very well not be the selection at 12 even if he's on the board. 

The problem here is that he has a lengthy history ranting about both Burns and Polite for 15+ pages. Nearly a third of his total posts on the site involve either Polite or Burns (or both). 

If a third of your total posts were ranting about the same two players, then it might be a different story. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they should also respect others on the site by not posting the same thing over and over again. 

Just now, Leader said:

Barbells?
If so, what weight?

Did some farmer's walks on my toes to hit both, then I did some grip crushers at 250, 200 then 150 (5x5, 4x8, 3x12), then some wrist rollers with 50 pounds on it.  Did the second mile on a higher incline to hit my core a little bit since I haven't been able to workout my core after my first hernia surgery (and I currently have a second hernia that I have yet to address). 

I almost always skip my calves since they're way oversized.  Must be a genetic thing because I could go a year without addressing them and they'd still be legit. 

• Like 1

I'm just trying to remember the last time a player who missed their rookie year due to a pre-existing injury ever amounted to much in the NFL.  Not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be pretty rare, and almost never live up to expectations. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just trying to remember the last time a player who missed their rookie year due to a pre-existing injury ever amounted to much in the NFL.  Not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be pretty rare, and almost never live up to expectations. 

If you're referring to Simmons, I've heard he's running already. Might not miss all his rookie year after all.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

How are you guys working out? Don't you have to be at work, like me?

I work 50 hours a week and still find time.  Right now I workout 5 or 6 days a week.  Two full body workouts, two half body workouts and at least one cardio day.  I work 3-11, I usually go to sleep at 12:30 each night, wake up at 8:30 each morning and I workout from 11:00-12:30. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I work 50 hours a week and still find time.  Right now I workout 5 or 6 days a week.  Two full body workouts, two half body workouts and at least one cardio day.  I work 3-11, I usually go to sleep at 12:30 each night, wake up at 8:30 each morning and I workout from 11:00-12:30. 

I was referring to the time of day.  As you can tell, I am hard at work right now.  :D

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jaylon Smith is an immediate one I can remember. But he seems like the exception, not the rule.