Jump to content
jleisher

2019 Draft Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, JaireAlex said:

As I read it Thornhill is more reliable than the other three. He's played a lot of corner, only one year at safety. McGinn could be right but maybe they target him at 44 instead.... They say the 2nd  will have a run on WR, then OL, then Safety. I can see that; seems likliest the safety run will be at least after OL with the premium there and a poor draft class next year. So, Thornhill @ 44? Sure.

 

Honestly, if the Pack take any of those four early, I'm happy. I only don't want another "great athlete". We have enough draft capital to get low risk guys the coaches and FO likes. They will not be reaching like they were forced to in some years past (esp at DL).

Thornhill is objectively not more reliable than CGJ or Adderly.
Like Thornhill more at 44 than 30 but still don't like him there. I think you're right about the runs tho.  
 

Think with Amos back there you'd prefer an athlete, not to say Amos can't hold his own but a ball hawk really opens it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If Gute gives up 12 it better be for a 2020 first rounder or I'm starting the fire Gute thread. We need difference makers and one will be there at 12. We had a Ed Reed caliber Safety staring Us in the face and passed on him.

 

Hopefully results in a ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Montez Sweat and Brian Burns are both there at 12, I would consider moving back to 15ish if you think one of them is going to be there for you later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9466097

You're ******* out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHTV: Round 1 pick

Tim Backes - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan - It's between Bush and Jonah Williams (OT) for my prediction.

Jersey Al Bracco - Ed Oliver, DL, Houston -  Sure the odds are heavily against Oliver dropping to the Packers at #12, but what odds would you have given on Derwin James being there if the Packers wanted him last year?

Brandon Carwile - Jonah Williams, Tackle/Guard, Alabama - The Packers grab possibly Bryan Bulaga's successor.

Dusty Evely - Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State - He's a tremendous pass rusher, and I believe the concerns over his run defense are overblown. With the signing of The Smiths in free agency, it opens up Burns to be demon off the edge in obvious passing situations.

Andy Herman - Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Zachary Jacobson - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU - Williams is CB1 in this class, followed closely by Byron Murphy.

Cory Jennerjohn - Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama:

David Michalski - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan - I like Devin Bush at 12 or 15 because he gives the Packers an immediate starter at inside linebacker for the next 5 seasons.

Jason Perone - Devin Bush Jr.,  LB, Michigan

Chris Peterson - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Elisha Twerski - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Ross Uglem - TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa - I'd like to believe that this pick will be either Ed Oliver or Brian Burns, but I don't see that.  I also visualize Hockenson and his seamless fit into LaFleur's offense.

Winner? Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If Montez Sweat and Brian Burns are both there at 12, I would consider moving back to 15ish if you think one of them is going to be there for you later.

And then someone jumps to 14 and you get neither. Sometimes it's best just to take the guy you want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If Montez Sweat and Brian Burns are both there at 12, I would consider moving back to 15ish if you think one of them is going to be there for you later.

I'd take the talent and not leave it up to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leader said:

CHTV: Round 1 pick

Tim Backes - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan - It's between Bush and Jonah Williams (OT) for my prediction.

Jersey Al Bracco - Ed Oliver, DL, Houston -  Sure the odds are heavily against Oliver dropping to the Packers at #12, but what odds would you have given on Derwin James being there if the Packers wanted him last year?

Brandon Carwile - Jonah Williams, Tackle/Guard, Alabama - The Packers grab possibly Bryan Bulaga's successor.

Dusty Evely - Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State - He's a tremendous pass rusher, and I believe the concerns over his run defense are overblown. With the signing of The Smiths in free agency, it opens up Burns to be demon off the edge in obvious passing situations.

Andy Herman - Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Zachary Jacobson - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU - Williams is CB1 in this class, followed closely by Byron Murphy.

Cory Jennerjohn - Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama:

David Michalski - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan - I like Devin Bush at 12 or 15 because he gives the Packers an immediate starter at inside linebacker for the next 5 seasons.

Jason Perone - Devin Bush Jr.,  LB, Michigan

Chris Peterson - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Elisha Twerski - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Ross Uglem - TJ Hockenson, TE Iowa - I'd like to believe that this pick will be either Ed Oliver or Brian Burns, but I don't see that.  I also visualize Hockenson and his seamless fit into LaFleur's offense.

Winner? Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

Never expected to see that many guys take Bush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If Gute gives up 12 it better be for a 2020 first rounder or I'm starting the fire Gute thread. We need difference makers and one will be there at 12. We had a Ed Reed caliber Safety staring Us in the face and passed on him.

 

I get what you mean. Although Jaire looks good (injury concerns scare me though) and we got an extra 1, DJ was my guy last year (I mean the tape was obvious) too and I'm still bummed about that. From watching some tape this year, the entire safety class looks like JAGs compared to DJ and I'd honestly say I'd rather have DJ and last years third round pick over Jaire and like CGJ/Thornhill/etc

With that said it all really depends on who's on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Never expected to see that many guys take Bush

Neither did I........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been way out of the draft process this year. I don't really know anyone.

But all I am asking is no TEs, ILBs, or IOL at 12. Please. Thanks Gute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Neither did I........

I feel like people are really sleeping on "Bush is a guy who is only good moving forwards".  Haven't we been bemoaning "we need an ILB who can cover" for a decade now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we're less than 12 hours away from the draft, let's use our draft day thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×