2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

Neither here nor there......

But driving around Tampa today - the local sports talk folk were all bummed out the Bucs let Alexander walk (or is that limp?) yet resigned McCoy.
Thinking is this may put Devin White more clearly in focus for them.

Just thought I'd let all those hot to trot for White at 12 know....he may not be there.
How's that for rock solid ambiguity huh? :)

I don't think he's going to go get to the Packers at 12.  Oakland at 4, Tampa Bay at 5, Denver at 10, and Cincinnati at 11 are likely landing spots prior to Green Bay.

7 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Flowers to the Lions probably takes them out of the market for an Edge defender at 8, which is good.

I dont think so. Still will be the best players available, but I hope you're right.

Hope we take Oliver or Gary, we need to swing for the fences, get the next Donald, Clowney or Mack, Ferrell is solid but we need a true difference maker.

lets just switch to a 4-3 already 

Perry, Daniels, Clark, Gary

i think Jones and Burns would be much better as 4-3 OLBs as well, a system like the Falcons and Seahawks.

Edited by fattlipp

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Hope we take Oliver or Gary, we need to swing for the fences, get the next Donald, Clowney or Mack, Ferrell is solid but we need a true difference maker.

i think Jones and Burns would be much better as 4-3 OLBs as well, a system like the Falcons and Seahawks.

With running backs becoming more and more involved in the passing game, stretching the field both vertically and horizontally, I want to stick with the 3-4.

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Who is playing LB?

• Like 1

I love the movable chess piece that is Ed Oliver. Use him inside as part of a 4-3 rotation, as a wide5 or 9 tech pass rusher, I think he is best deployed in a variety of positions and formations.

However, I still think he is gone by #12. The guy I think the Packers WILL get is Edge Clelin Ferrell. I like him over Burns, over Sweat, over Gary, over ILB White, over Greedy, over Hockenson  Fant or Jawaan Taylor, over everyone that has much chance of being available at #12. I know he is listed by many sites as being available until the mid-late teens, but i think he goes to the Pack. i also think that once he has been in Green Bay a while there will be very little coulda/shoulda/woulda talk, like there was with T.J.Watt over Kevin King.  That's my 2 cents.

8 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Nickel is the base defense now. 4-3/3-4 differences are largely irrelevant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

in into this. who at 44?

Give me a tackle we can slide inside for a year and then take over for Bulaga, but I would be fine with taking a guard or safety there as well. 

I am not a huge fan of Deionte Thompson but he were to slide to 44, I'd have to consider him there. 

Edited by Golfman