2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

4 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

juan thornhill and CGJ are actually pretty close for me, now that i watch some more thornhill. thornhill seems like such a packers pick. i wouldn't be mad w/ him at all. thornhill's floor is really high imo. 

And his ceiling is pretty damn low.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cannondale said:

But ... but ... but ... the pancake highlight was really cool. I don't care what you guys say, I've added him to my playstation Packers with a rating of one kabillion.

You should increase his rating to one kabeer gbaja-biamillion for max potential

16 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Welp...got bored and couldn’t sleep. Decided to do a draft where I accepted every single offer to trade down that I received. Got some great value...and restocked the team Practice Squad for the next 10 years. Lol.

;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

juan thornhill and CGJ are actually pretty close for me, now that i watch some more thornhill. thornhill seems like such a packers pick. i wouldn't be mad w/ him at all. thornhill's floor is really high imo. 

I really haven't been all that impressed with Thornhill from what I've watched so far.

This is from a Steelers site, bit it's a nice breakdown of Adderly and includes video clips.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-delaware-s-nasir-adderley/

I really think this guy is going to be a stud.  He has the ball skills, physicality, and competitive drive to be a difference maker.  I'll probably cry if the Packers don't draft him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deathstar said:

Gotcha. Do you believe that Fant is that special of an athlete that he’s better than Hock?

I believe they are a little different with both guys having the edge in different categories. Hock is a better blocker, right now. Fant is faster and more explosive. Fant is also a little stronger based on numbers and where Hock has the advantage Fant can improve to meet or pass him as in blocking. On the other hand Hock will never pass Fant’s 40 or explosive numbers. In other words, you can learn better technic and get stronger but explosion and speed your born with. 

10 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Simply put,  being a B+ student just isn't the same as being the valedictorian. 

Almost like an A/A- student vs A+. 

All this said, if a team uses them both correctly Hock might be better right out of the gate but I still feel Fant has a higher ceiling. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1