19 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Quick 4 Round Mock Draft:

1A. Dillard

1B. Adderly

2. Anthony Nelson

3. Devine Ozigbo

4A. Amani Hooker

4B. Kaden Smith

Hooker is the only pick I even remotely like on that list.    the Adderly pick might be ok, sure would like to see his times.  the fact that he chose not to run at the combine is a strike against IMO.  Makes me think his speed is marginal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Ozigbo is a plodder. I have him as an FA. Sanders is legit. What's wrong with him? I'd take injured Anderson before Ozigbo there. I see nothing in him.

Also I take CGJ before Adderley if they are even on your board. I think he's better for our team and the injury drops Nasir for me.

Otherwise, I like that draft.

Ozigbo’s got some of the best athleticism in a RB class full of big slow guys. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

First two picks I could live with. Nelson I'm extremely meh on, you took a priority FA in round 3 though, yikes.

Here’s why I like Ozigbo so much:

Vision, patience, athleticism. He’s got a great burst and he can wade through trash. He always makes the first guy miss in the open field. His off-arm is very active and he can open his hips very quickly.

2 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Ozigbo’s got some of the best athleticism in a RB class full of big slow guys. 

Here’s why I like Ozigbo so much:

Vision, patience, athleticism. He’s got a great burst and he can wade through trash. He always makes the first guy miss in the open field. His off-arm is very active and he can open his hips very quickly.

I see FA. Sanders -- I see a decent round three pick. 

I'm not alone there, but I really just glance at highlights and a couple games at most.......however, after many years, I'm usually right. How is he better than Sanders who blew up the combine and looks really good too? (And I'm not in love with Sanders, just see a solid back. The only guy I love is injured Anderson.)

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

(And seriously White has overdraft and bust written all over him, at a non premium position to boot.)

Thank you...

I'm really not sold on any of these ILB's as top-10 prospects.

I think you're wrong in Burns though. He has both explosion and strength and those two things pop off on tape.

2 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I see FA. Sanders -- I see a decent round three pick. 

I'm not alone there, but I really just glance at highlights and a couple games at most.......however, after many years, I'm usually right. How is he better than Sanders who blew up the combine and looks really good too? (And I'm not in love with Sanders, just see a solid back. The only guy I love is injured Anderson.)

Sanders looks great. I don’t think we will find value with him though because in my opinion he’s going in the second.

29 minutes ago, 66fan said:

You are correct.  

He was only 5'8" and 185 lbs and only ran a 4.63 forty yard dash.

Still he was a 2 time All State player from a very small school in northern Wisconsin.  Too small to play Division 1 football.

Walked on at Wisconsin.  Too small in stature so he only made All American 3 times. 21 career interceptions and B1G record (at the time) punt return yardage.

Too small to play in the NFL deemed the experts holding a measuring tape.  Signed as an UDFA.

Went on to have a solid 10 year NFL career.

They forgot to measure his level of football smarts and his heart.

Ugh I forgot we value heart and smarts and gym rats and attitude and intangibles on here.

Let's make a movie about him. He's basically the Wisconsin Rudy.

I mean, I like the guy as much as the next, but you really think putting Jim Leonard back at safety last year makes a difference?

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

I'm waiting until closer to draft day to release the full roundup because so many guys didn't do certain drills at the Combine (or we don't have 10-splits that are out yet), but guys who did well so far are:

Brian Burns, Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, John Cominsky, Chase Winovich, Maxx Crosby, Ben Banogu, Anthony Nelson, Rashan Gary, and Montez Sweat

I do look forward to that. We could get a decent pick up at 44 or later. I'm not sold on Burns. Not a Pettine guy at a Pettine price. Pettine's round ones are CB, DL, and blue Chip. Burns is too light to do what Pettine wants. We are looking for guys like the Smiths.

11 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I do look forward to that. We could get a decent pick up at 44 or later. I'm not sold on Burns. Not a Pettine guy at a Pettine price. Pettine's round ones are CB, DL, and blue Chip. Burns is too light to do what Pettine wants. We are looking for guys like the Smiths.

He can't put on weight? Dude's put on 15 lb.s since the start of the season. Mike Daniels put on 20 lb.s his rookie year and evolved into a great player at his position. I think Burns could do the same. JMO.

I agree about pick 44. I don't like the idea of giving up a 2nd to move anywhere at this point for what will fall to us at that point in the draft. If anything, we may be able to move back and pick up another 2nd.

Right now, I'm not too warm on the prospects that could be available to us at 75. I'd be more than happy to use our 3rd and the 4th we picked up for HaHa to move back into the 2nd round somewhere.

17 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

It's possible but I'm also not sure that not having some diversity in options would be a bad thing. I guess I just don't understand why having a Burns-type wouldn't be appealing to anyone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

It's possible but I'm also not sure that not having some diversity in options would be a bad thing. I guess I just don't understand why having a Burns-type wouldn't be appealing to anyone.

That's a Capers guy. Not a Pettine pick. I like Pettine way more than Capers on game day, twice that on draft day.

Again we burned seven high picks on premium front seven, too many reaches and making players fit. Only three worked. Clarke might be the only ten year player out of those seven. That's a ton  of wasted draft capital. That's over imo with Petrine. If we grab Burns I will be very happy. I will be very happy if we pass too. I just think Burns is not a Pettine premium. 

But if Pettine likes Wilkins, that's my guy at 12. What's the opinion on him here?

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

That's a Capers guy. Not a Pettine pick. I like Pettine way more than Capers on game day, twice that on draft day.

Again we burned seven high picks on premium front seven, too many reaches and making players fit. Only three worked. Clarke might be the only ten year player out of those seven. That's a ton  of wasted draft capital. That's over imo with Petrine. If we grab Burns I will be very happy. I will be very happy if we pass too. I just think Burns is not a Pettine premium. 

But if Pettine likes Wilkins, that's my guy at 12. What's the opinion on him here?

Jerry Hughes was a major success with Pettine.

Hughes: 6'2'' 255
Burns: 6'5'' 250

Burns a little longer and lankier, but this idea that Pettine only can use 270-280 bulk EDGE just isn't true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

Burns a little longer and lankier, but this idea that Pettine only can use 270-280 bulk EDGE just isn't true.

I'm happy with Burns at 30, one higher than Hughes. I see value in Burns. Don't get me wrong. I just don't see a 12 there.

15 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

How about Winovich at 44? He's a solid, underrated pick. Pettine guy, you think? Better numbers than Hughes too.