2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That big a fan of Kyler?

Oh yeah. He's tall enough. I don't have many questions about the rest of it. Hyper-productive, very strong arm, accurate, hyper-mobile. The weight is the only question, but even then, like... if that's the negative...

FWIW: I'd have Kyler as QB2 last year behind only Baker.

Edited by rcon14

11 minutes ago, subway87 said:

I think you're better off getting production out of Daniels this year, opposed to releasing him.  By keeping him, you're not forced to draft a DL until the value presents itself, and this year can be used to get that draft pick up to speed, grooming him to replace Daniels.  In this scenario, if Daniels does walk next off season, you'll also get a comp pick for him in 2021.

If we're saving the $8.3M this year by cutting Daniels, are there players we're going to sign (Tre Boston, Wilkerson, etc.) that present enough of a return to make the move worthwhile?

It depends on exactly where our cap is, which is apparently up for debate. The idea just makes sense to me for some reason

We really don't know what a Pettine guy is yet.  We signed almost identical DE/OLBs in the Smith brothers, but that doesn't mean that is the type of body Pettine prefers.  I like Pettine and he schemed for sacks, but the reason I want Burns is that he can provide PRESSURE by himself.  We haven't been able to get close to that type of athletic body with that kind of production.  You didn't find it in FA because teams don't let go of that very often.

We'd be lucky IF Burns is still there at 12. I still think he's going top ten. Something else he has besides ELITE athleticism is football smarts.  Stick Zmith inside on passing downs with Smith and Burns outside and we'll have some pressure instantly.  As a team the Pack had a bunch of sacks, but we know from watching that we didn't create consistent pressure.  Let's fix that while we have the chance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Who? Adderley? The only thing that would make his speed marginal was the level of competition he was running down all over the field. Maybe they werent the swiftest (I cant say) - but Adderley he was closing them down. I like Adderley a lot. I like CGJ almost as much - and - have no "level of competition" concerns. I'd be really happy with either.

Were the guys he was running down running 4.8's?   Can't tell.

Just now, incognito_man said:

12, 44, Daniels for Q Williams @ pick 3 ;)

I think it's fine.  If i feel like we have a shot at oliver at 12 I have a really hard time doing that deal though.

Daniels has value this year for sure, and Williams would probably just replace that with maybe a little upside.  I'd rather keep Daniels and play more to compete in 2019.

If, however, you find there's a nice 3rd round 2 down DT, which is how I see Daniels now, maybe you make that deal to free up some cap space.

If we don't take Oliver at 12 one of our top 3 picks should still be edge. Signing a guy who blew up in a contract year and another who was considered a disappointment for his last team does not mean we are set on edge. Green Bay needs one more highly selected guy. Unless we get Oliver who can create pressure from all over. It can't go from a huge liability in past seasons to totally set by signing two players who aren't stars.

Edited by Bullet Club

24 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Were the guys he was running down running 4.8's?   Can't tell.

Dont know who he was chasing down. The guys got sideline to sideline coverage speed. Look at the ground he covers. He moves. Quickly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If we don't take Oliver at 12 one of our top 3 picks should still be edge. Signing a guy who blew up in a contract year and another who was considered a disappointment for his last team does not mean we are set on edge. Green Bay needs one more highly selected guy. Unless we get Oliver who can create pressure from all over. It can't go from a huge liability in past seasons to totally set by signing two players who aren't stars.

Totally agree a high edge and interior pass rusher will round out this D. The Smith's buy us time though we don't have to take edge at 12 we could go DT first and Edge at 30. We have the luxury of going with BPA over need as we're a bit more well rounded currently heck if the board falls right we can drop a bit and get an extra pick. An old TT trait was the more swings you get and I think Gute will value that as well. Seems like we have a plan. Just make our D strong again other then a few day 2 and 3 guys i'm going D early and making it the Green Bay staple top 10 D next year if we can. Lets scare people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i just snort-laughed into my telecon. People that were talking paused their sentences.

Norm, you can now say that your lady-stories once caused NASA personnel to be speechless.

Lolol