2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's almost like third and fourth round picks are less than first round picks.  It's a simple concept: Unless you have solid or better starters at QB, RB, OT, EDGE, DL, CB, S (x 2 for OT, EDGE, DL, CB, S) for the next four years, you don't take a TE in the first unless that TE is a Hall of Fame talent and the other position is an average talent.  That literally cannot possibly be the case at 12th overall. 

12 would be early for a TE.

(I'd still probably draft Hockenson at 12 if Bosa, Allen, Williams, Oliver, Burns, and Sweat are gone.)

Still people act like you can just draft a TE late because a very small amount of them hit. Yet nobody acts like it's a good idea to draft qb on day 3 because Tom Brady hit 

TE more than any other postion hits in the first round as atleast an average player. And doesn't hit any better than other postions late.

I just want a freak on the DL at 12, Oliver, Gary, Burns. Unless theres a trade up those are my targets this year. I dont care where at on the DL, get me a freak and I'm sure Pettine can draw up the gameplan for them. 

I'm sure Pettine is drooling over the ILBs but that's a proposition for 30 to me. If it goes freakDL at 12 and FS/ILB at 30 I dont care how the rest of the draft goes honestly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Captain Marvel was a perfectly cromulent MCU movie.  Big fan of the cat.

Wow.  A fan on an internet message board that is likely both a Simpson's fan and has enough command of the English language to use "cromulent" correctly.

I salute you!  You have restored my faith in humanity.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I just want a freak on the DL at 12, Oliver, Gary, Burns. Unless theres a trade up those are my targets this year. I dont care where at on the DL, get me a freak and I'm sure Pettine can draw up the gameplan for them. 

I'm sure Pettine is drooling over the ILBs but that's a proposition for 30 to me. If it goes freakDL at 12 and FS/ILB at 30 I dont care how the rest of the draft goes honestly.

Love to get a freak EDGE at 12 and have Simmons sitting there at 30. I'd run up to the podium for him at 30. I think he'd be able to play sometime after week 9 in situational football too. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

Yeah I feel like Brian Burns has a CWood vibe in terms of commanding a presence and getting guys serious about competing. Love his vibe. Added value there. Trust him to develop more than anyone else in the class probably 

CWood commands a presence? What CWood you talking about?
This one? @CWood21 :)

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Love to get a freak EDGE at 12 and have Simmons sitting there at 30. I'd run up to the podium for him at 30. I think he'd be able to play sometime after week 9 in situational football too. 

I could definitely get myself behind that. It's been a bit since our line had a real MFer vibe to it. Simmons would fit right into the physically imposing role I hope gets cultivated.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Love to get a freak EDGE at 12 and have Simmons sitting there at 30. I'd run up to the podium for him at 30. 

Between now and draft day......when you go to sleep recite this silent prayer till you nod off.......

Now I lay me down to sleep.....
Brian Burns I trust the Lord to keep.....
And deliver his **** to Green Bay on draft day
:)

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Since you listed only 3 TE's versus 4 WR's - I'll throw Odell out of the mix (as he was the lowest producer of the WR group)

TE's - 3876 total yards + 23 TD's
WRs- 4546 total yards + 34 TD's.

Highest TE producer: KIttle (1377yds / 5TDs)(Yardage puts him at #8 league wide)
Highest WR producer: Julio (1677yds / 8TDS) (Yardage was league leading)

In order (ranked by yardage):
Julio
Hopkins
Kittle
Kelce
Antonio
Ertz
Odell

Guess it would depend on the player....but generally, I'm taking a WR before a TE.

TEs do more than put up stats though. 

1 minute ago, Burnett42 said:

TEs do more than put up stats though. 

Yes.....as I mentioned in a comment two below the one you quoted:

The roles of TE's versus WR's vary greatly. WR's are tasked to run route trees / patterns faster than the wind while TEs get far more inline work and are slower. Scheme will play into it - no doubt - but today's league is a passing league and though there are a handful of truly productive TEs in that regard - the WR's carry that load.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yes.....as I mentioned in a comment two below the one you quoted:

The roles of TE's versus WR's vary greatly. WR's are tasked to run route trees / patterns faster than the wind while TEs get far more inline work and are slower. Scheme will play into it - no doubt - but today's league is a passing league and though there are a handful of truly productive TEs in that regard - the WR's carry that load.

Doesn't really talk about what they can bring as a blocker or how they can draw coverage up to make WRs jobs easier, or how TEs like Finley opened up for the rest of the offense stretching the seam.

Idk. Just took from that quote that they are slower and less productive, but that could just be me.

I keep seeing people talking about moving up from 12 but lets say your "guy" falls to 12 or 3 qbs are taken in the top 3 pushing some clear top 10 talents to say 13-15;Hock is there at 18 do you make that move from 30? I am not of the belief that a TE isnt worth 12; its my belief that if you have a glaring need that also happens to line up with the best player being available to fill that need you take him. Its mildly ridiculous to me to think its crazy to take TE at 12 but perfectly ok to take TE at 15 how does this make sense? But Like I originally posted before I got carried away with this post what about moving up from 30 if you get one of the freaks at 12 how far can you move and at what point do you decide ok Im doing it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I"m thinking Adams is also elite.  Then again, I"m biased.  But, he was the lone GB threat, almost always double covered and he still put up amazing numbers.

He’s Elite at certain things. I’d argue as a receiver he’s top 10. Not top 5. 

Hes not gonna outrun most DBs. But he’s more than fast enough, and can out-muscle and high point with the best.