2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, HighCalebR said:

I dont think many, if any, are arguing against a wr at 30. Just not 12, especially with this class of guys. 

You probably should watch more Burns, bud. Dropping into coverage he looks fluid and and reads the QB pretty well. He has a mean long arm setting an edge, not the best at shedding that block but he generally forces his man to make the cut up inside instead of hitting the outside. Football (especially projecting players) is more than just stat lines. 

Barr just got paid 13.5 mil a year and it was rumored he had more on the table. If you want an example this ain't it chief.. The Bears just picked up Floyd's 5th year option so I doubt they're too upset with him.

Bro, let the draft come to you, you dont have to declare people great and busts before they're even taken. You're going to be wrong, and probably often, that's just the nature of the thing.

I did not argue for a WR at 12.

No.

A move down and WR or OT. A WR at 30.

Dude, seriously, every year half of the first round are busts or mega overdrafts. Very very easy to see who they will be. Very. And GB has never drafted an obvious bust since TT. Some possible ones but not Treadwell or Boston or so many others. You just avoid them. Not arrogant, just not stupid. If Barr, Floyd, Mingo, etc busted, why would I touch that mold of edge? GB doesn't. In fact they have said they don't. Double that for Pettine who just said so in the last two weeks. Why did he like Smith and Smith so much? Is he lying?

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

No.

Dude, seriously, every year half of the first round are busts or mega overdrafts. Very very easy to see who they will be. Very. And GB has never drafted an obvious bust since TT. Some possible ones but not Treadwell or Boston or so many others. You just avoid them. Not arrogant, just not stupid. If Barr, Floyd, Mingo, etc busted, why would I touch that mold of edge? GB doesn't. In fact they have said they don't. Double that for Pettine who just said so in the last two weeks. Why did he like Smith and Smith so much? Is he lying?

261 posts and still waiting for a good one!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

No

Not at all

I am referring here to one and only one specific sure fire bust. :)

I’m not a huge Burns fan and don’t want to draft him at 12, but there’s not much about him to complain about as a prospect. It’s ok not to like his type of player; doesn’t mean he’ll bust.

6 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Please

Tell me which Packer team of the last 12 years had a worse offense than 2018?

We added Cobb in 2011 despite having Finley, Jones, Jennings, and Jordy as targets.

Look how many offensive players we added in 2006-2011 yearly. Compare that to 2012-2018. 

So tell me which year had a worse offense than 2018. We didn't grab 3 very expensive FAs on defense so we can neglect the offense in the draft again.

This was once an intelligent forum.

Let's not be saying things like "This was once an intelligent forum" because people aren't agreeing with your opinion. You have a good football mind and I like the arguments you put up. 

2018 is so hard to evaluate by using just stats. This team gave up week 12. There is a lot of great pieces on this offense to build around and having them in a legit system now it will be different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

No.

I'm out. Go put your resume in at a FO they'll be glad to have such a surefire GM.

Barr and Floyd havent busted. Quit saying they have it shows your ignorance of their position within a defense. GB drafted that exact mold in Fack and Clay, but continue with the ranting.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

“If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******.”

I'm a big fan of...

If everywhere you go smells like s**t you should probably check the bottom of your shoe. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SaginawReunion83 said:

Let's not be saying things like "This was once an intelligent forum" because people aren't agreeing with your opinion. You have a good football mind and I like the arguments you put up. 

2018 is so hard to evaluate by using just stats. This team gave up week 12. There is a lot of great pieces on this offense to build around and having them in a legit system now it will be different.

Sorry but half this forum cheered when Chicago wasted a two picks on Floyd. And it has greatly dropped in quality. Just group think now. I can't believe I need to defend stupid FOs. Many knew Treadwell was a bust day one. If you don't know why, that's fine but it's not because of my ignorance.

And Metcalf has bad hands (wouldn't touch him for that), has serious injuries (red flag), doesn't run routes, has bad COD. What in his resume says he'll have any success? Kind of like the McLaurin hype. He might be ok, but he is slow on film (he's a track guy slower in pads) and had little production: round 3-4 but some team wants to draft him round one. 

Edited by JaireAlex

50 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

261 posts and still waiting for a good one!

Firstly, if you don't know why Metcalf is a bust, there's little way I can help you. Maybe I'm too hard on Burns and his mold. I know many in football feel very much the way I do. Clay and Fackrell are different from Burns in quite a number of ways. Again, if you don't know that, not much I can say, and I've pointed out to the difference in Clay. Fackrell was round 3 with almost the same probs as Burns, not at 12. I'm very ok with that spot for Burns.

Idiot -- definition of: giving 50 million guaranteed to a guy who throws a ball  and stopped talking to family for unknown reasons. Also doesn't listen to boss for 12 plus years and changes plays. Passive aggressive narcissist. Worse yet are the unstated reasons why they did this.....Adams family at 1265. And this is one of the best FOs in football. Others are worse. Old-timers know things got derailed a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out TT actually died several years ago. It became twilight zone for me when Mac had all players becoming team/life "Packers".

Please, they do idiot things every day in the NFL. The concept itself is Looney Toons. Giving millions to most any of these guys is a business model based on insane premises.

About a third of the teams pick off "consensus" boards and are totally clueless. GB's top 100 might have 30 players even listed from most boards. They do their own board. It's smart but not "genius" level.

Billions of dollars to semi articulate jocks is a bad business model that cannot end well. The ruin was coming about 20 years ago.

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Firstly, if you don't know why Metcalf is a bust, there's little way I can help you. Maybe I'm too hard on Burns and his mold. I know many in football feel very much the way I do. Clay and Fackrell are different from Burns in quite a number of ways. Again, if you don't know that, not much I can say, and I've pointed out to the difference in Clay. Fackrell was round 3 with almost the same probs as Burns, not at 12. I'm very ok with that spot for Burns.

Idiot -- definition of: giving 50 million guaranteed to a guy who throws a ball  and stopped talking to family for unknown reasons. Also doesn't listen to boss for 12 plus years and changes plays. Passive aggressive narcissist. Worse yet are the unstated reasons why they did this.....Adams family at 1265. And this is one of the best FOs in football. Others are worse. Old-timers know things got derailed a while back. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out TT actually died several years ago. It became twilight zone for me when Mac had all players becoming team/life "Packers".

Please, they do idiot things every day in the NFL. The concept itself is Looney Toons. Giving millions to most any of these guys is a business model based on insane premises.

About a third of the teams pick off "consensus" boards and are totally clueless. GB's top 100 might have 30 players even listed from most boards. They do their own board. It's smart but not "genius" level.

Billions of dollars to semi articulate jocks is a bad business model that cannot end well. The ruin was coming about 20 years ago.

nh9nOn5W.jpeg

• Like 3