2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

So let me get this straight.... Janis is a better prospect and more athletic than DK Metcalf? And the team that has Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs at WR, have no idea what to look for in WRs?

Touché 

But Janis is the better all around athlete, better hands.

I just hope the spirit of Ozzie pulls the trigger on him. A "steal" at 25. Speedy receivers and 24 year old TEs new to football are a better fit in Baltimore than GB.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Other than Dieter in the 3rd, I'd be pretty stoked about this draft overall. 

Oliver, Fant, Deebo is a dream first three picks for me. 2019 would instantly look a lot more exciting.

• Like 1

Calvin Johnson refused to do any agility drills before the draft....just saying.

I know we're in the analytical age where a sub 6.9 3 come makes us feel tingly in special places, but you dont need plus COD skills to be elite running corner, post, go, hitch, slant, bubble. You almost never saw Jordy run digs, outs, comeback, basically nothing with high speed change of direction. You never saw Megatron do that either. 

The universal hate for Metcalf is because most have fallen victim to a narrow mind of the analytical age. Some team is going to draft that big freak, say here's the 5-6 routes we need you to run, and he's going to be a better athlete than anyone covering him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Personally,  I think Metcalf will underperform, but hard to fully say until we know where he is actually drafted.

The only thing that gives me pause to think about Metcalf is the neck surgery.
I think, barring further injury, he'll do just fine.....be it over/under perform....cant say other than he'll do just fine.

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Calvin Johnson refused to do any agility drills before the draft....just saying.

I know we're in the analytical age where a sub 6.9 3 come makes us feel tingly in special places, but you dont need plus COD skills to be elite running corner, post, go, hitch, slant, bubble. You almost never saw Jordy run digs, outs, comeback, basically nothing with high speed change of direction. You never saw Megatron do that either. 

The universal hate for Metcalf is because most have fallen victim to a narrow mind of the analytical age. Some team is going to draft that big freak, say here's the 5-6 routes we need you to run, and he's going to be a better athlete than anyone covering him.

Not even in top 3 co concerns for me tbh

51 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Butler has the high upside rather and he's been getting some help from Megatron. The real question I have with him (and I am not sure the answer) is whether he has the desire to be great because I think he actually has the skilks and talent, just raw. He's a receiver not just an athlete. I think his drops are a bit overstated whereas Metcalf is not natural there. Metcalf has too many red flags. Butler might be a round two prospect but someone I feel will grab him early.