2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I just can't see a scenario where I covet Jackson. 

I figure someone is going to think: Get him to lose 30 lbs and he'll be fast again.  I seem to recall he put on weight for the last season in an attempt to not get him penciled as a 3-4 edge only and that backfired spectacularly.   I'm really curious if teams have times on him from like his junior day when he was lighter.

HOWEVER, this is a project and you don't pay a premium for projects.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Banogu's highlights look pretty good. Guessing he's just pretty inconsistent or has pretty bad lowlights?

Only knock I have on him at all is that he's a little older. Just turned 23. I only have Allen and Bosa above him. I don't at all like the others for various reasons. And I really don't care to dig further on the guys getting the spotlight. Banogu has less work to do than the others and is safer. Has the frame and weight already. Walker and him have great frame and length. Both Can work inside outside. Banogu has Hustle like Sweat. Just getting undersold.

I also like Walker -- probably in the 4th. This class finally has the gold at edge I'm looking for.

I like Banogu at 30, Walker at 114 and Jackson at 118. Jackson will bring it. Love him for the locker room. I wouldn't let him slip past the 5th. Banogu's athleticism is simply off the charts and I was blown away just by his highlights (and can't find any full games with him). 

Anyways, this class has insane depth at DL and edge. Move down. Move down. I want 8 guys in 2-3. Only 1-3 in round one.

Banogu at 30? wow...

• Predictable pass rusher with affinity for inside moves
  • Has upfield burst but doesn't use it enough to burn the edge
  • Needs to improve hands and implement them into his rush plan
  • Can be controlled by strength in pass rush and run game
  • Stiff punch from long-armed tackle ends his snap
  • Missing base power to set the edge or play through redirect blocks
  • Too many missed tackles due to poor positioning and balance.

As they say in the middle of Boehemian Rhapsody....no, no, no, No, NO, NO, NO!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Bruce Irvin went 15th, so anything is possible.  Probably the single most valuable trait one can have on draft night is "the ability to rush the passer."

What I'm saying is Banogu is ten times the pick as Sweat/Burns at 12. He also has better overall production. 8th in the nation in pressures. TFL is excellent. All three are major projects. But Banogu already looked the part and has the frame.

He's a reach at 30 but the others are super major reaches at 12. Many have Burns ranked 20-40. I have him him clearly below Banogu except the age factor.

Why is he so low? TCU. Hope to get him at 44 or 39 with a move up/down.

A couple blurbs from a media analyst won't unconvince me. That broadjump is insane and his speed is on film.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Banogu at 30? wow...

• Predictable pass rusher with affinity for inside moves
  • Has upfield burst but doesn't use it enough to burn the edge
  • Needs to improve hands and implement them into his rush plan
  • Can be controlled by strength in pass rush and run game
  • Stiff punch from long-armed tackle ends his snap
  • Missing base power to set the edge or play through redirect blocks
  • Too many missed tackles due to poor positioning and balance.

As they say in the middle of Boehemian Rhapsody....no, no, no, No, NO, NO, NO!

Are you basing your view of prospects on like Walter Football reports or something? You realize that site sucks?

49 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

What I'm saying is Banogu is ten times the pick as Sweat/Burns at 12. He also has better overall production. 8th in the nation in pressures. TFL is excellent. All three are major projects. But Banogu already looked the part and has the frame.

He's a reach at 30 but the others are super major reaches at 12. Many have Burns ranked 20-40. I have him him clearly below Banogu except the age factor.

Why is he so low? TCU. Hope to get him at 44 or 39 with a move up/down.

A couple blurbs from a media analyst won't unconvince me. That broadjump is insane and his speed is on film.

Pretty sure Burns led the nation in pressures...

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you basing your view of prospects on like Walter Football reports or something? You realize that site sucks?

I mean I'm not taking Banogu at 30 either. Hell, at 44 I'm taking Winovich over him at EDGE easily. 75 would be good value for him. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I mean I'm not taking Banogu at 30 either. Hell, at 44 I'm taking Winovich over him at EDGE easily. 75 would be good value for him. 

Those explosion numbers are elite tho

Depends on what you think your staff can do with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Which is why he's a late day 2 guy IMO. Third round is still a premium pick. 

Since this is a deep EDGE class I could see him lasting late into the 2nd.

But he has elite explosion coupled with (at worst) moderate production. He was 8th in pressures last year. 

I dunno, I could see him getting snagged by a contender at the end of Rd 1 to get that 5th year option on a premium position guy that needs a touch of development.