2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Since this is a deep EDGE class I could see him lasting late into the 2nd.

But he has elite explosion coupled with (at worst) moderate production. He was 8th in pressures last year. 

I dunno, I could see him getting snagged by a contender at the end of Rd 1 to get that 5th year option on a premium position guy that needs a touch of development.

Not gonna say it won't happen because who knows. Only takes 1 team who loves the guy. Could benefit from Polite and Ferguson slipping.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, JaireAlex said:

But that's not really GB. It's run by scouts. TT was the scout of scouts.

To Charisma, it will be a lot like TT and Wolf, because esp TT's model has more draft picks now playing in the league, even if the fit was bad or the coaches didn't know how to work them in. Hayward and Hyde were great picks; Randall was a safety prospect. They whiffed a lot on DL but what do you do, picking so low yearly?

The GB FO does work heavily with coaches and I suspect Gute does more than TT. But especially on draft strategy, that's Gute's call. It's closer to what PossibleCabbage described in GB.

Last year's receiver all were TT types except bad hands Moore, who still checked all the rest the boxes, but MVS and EQ fell bizarrely and Gute even said as much. They were like Johnson and Janis molds but way better prospects.

They are at least looking very close at Brown, Harry, Isabella, Thompson, and Hart (?). Those all still check most if not all boxes for typical GB WR picks, regardless of size. They are HIGH production, good to excellent hands, love football (Brown??), etc.

MVS and EQ both taller than all but one of Ted’s career draft picks (Alex Bannister in I think 2003 with Seattle). They didn’t fall bizarrely. Just the way the draft worked out.

I’m also very concerned by the term “typical GB WR picks”. Because this is a new GM and HC. So far they seem to be quite opposite their predecessors.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Bruce Irvin went 15th, so anything is possible.  Probably the single most valuable trait one can have on draft night is "the ability to rush the passer."

Which is why I think we're talking about these "value" pass rush prospects being available on Day 2 or 3, and find it amusing.  Every team could use more pass rushers, so they generally tend to get pushed up the board.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Which is why I think we're talking about these "value" pass rush prospects being available on Day 2 or 3, and find it amusing.  Every team could use more pass rushers, so they generally tend to get pushed up the board.

Yet it seems every year are are at least one or two 'diamonds in the rough' regarding pass rushers in round 2 or 3. I expect this year will be no different. The question is do we get lucky and select that person. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Wilkins probably will go in this range (like 15th) but I don't like it.  Tillery probably should but won't, IMO. 

If Burns and the 3T's are off the board ...... yikes. And it could happen.

This is your page 420 warning that none of us know anything and a lot of what we’re gonna hear is BS.

Slightly related: can anyone tell me why every mock out there is so sure John Elway likes Drew Lock so much? 

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

This is your page 420 warning that none of us know anything and a lot of what we’re gonna hear is BS.

Slightly related: can anyone tell me why every mock out there is so sure John Elway likes Drew Lock so much? 

It slipped out a few months ago.  He does and he's going to take him if he's there at #10.  About as good a secret as AZ taking Murray.  

18 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

It slipped out a few months ago.  He does and he's going to take him if he's there at #10.  About as good a secret as AZ taking Murray.  

Yeah from where? Who reported that? How do we know that horse faced b hole loves him some Drew Lock? He seems like more of a "ugly AF but women like him anyway USC d-bag" kinda drafting guy than a "fugly lamb killer from S the Mason-Dixon" drafting dude.

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I suspect there are ways to convince ourselves that Simmons and Tillery could be worth it in the event we take one of them there :)

Much easier at #30 :)......just don't know if they make it there. I think that puts me on the Burns bandwagon at #12. Have no clue if he isn't there either

Edit - Don't think Oliver makes it to #12

Archived