2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

15 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Taylor is getting docked and taken off boards on meds per Pauline. He already was considered by many teams second to Dillard.

If I want OT for GB, I'm looking at Scharping next. I doubt Dillard is there and in the rest of Round one, I don't have another GB tackle. So, it's focus on edge / DL or move down. Pretty easy in this draft. But it is pretty likely an edge or DL that's worth a 12 to Gute will be there.

I just have a feeling it’s gonna be Fant.

I think that there will be more interest - and action on quarterbacks early on than many anticipate, not that the quality of the draft class warrants.  Those HC's/GM's without a viable franchise QB saw what happened last year with rookie QB's doing well and know that if they "Tank for Tua" that they probably will doing so for the next HC/GM.  I think much of the lack of interest shown currently is a smoke screen and that once the QB's begin being taken there will be a lot  of movement by teams to get "their guy".  

25 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

I just have a feeling it’s gonna be Fant.

Inconceivable.

There are no Derwin James or Edmunds in this draft.

It is OT (only Dillard here), DL, or edge.

They won't take a TE without a move down. Even Detroit -- the biggest spenders on TE for the last decade -- want to move down before taking Hock.

And even after a move down, I have Jacobs and Parris Campbell as more impactful, important than any TE. Too many great TE prospects in 2-4 and we have two starters that will be better than any but Hock.

20 hours ago, BucShot said:

Went Gary at 12- there was a huge DL/Edge run to start, and Gary was definitely BPA there (thought I know he's controversial). Got 30 coming up, and Risner and Butler are the best offensive guys left IMO.

I'm afraid we are going to end up with Gary.  Butler huh?  I know people think that GB is going big at WR, but they were drafted with MM as coach.  MLF seems to emmulate Rams and 49ers offense and I think that lends itself to at least one very fast, quick WR.  We already have plenty of big WRs and if Hollywood Brown is there he's probably the pick. I like Risner a lot, but he's not a first round pick.

Keep us updated.  Interested to see how it falls for you.

45 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm afraid we are going to end up with Gary.  Butler huh?  I know people think that GB is going big at WR, but they were drafted with MM as coach.  MLF seems to emmulate Rams and 49ers offense and I think that lends itself to at least one very fast, quick WR.  We already have plenty of big WRs and if Hollywood Brown is there he's probably the pick. I like Risner a lot, but he's not a first round pick.

Keep us updated.  Interested to see how it falls for you.

I went with Butler, just am a big fan of him. So Gary and Butler so far, perhaps OL in round 2?

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still two weeks from the draft and I've talked myself into and out of every prospect and trade scenario at 12. I don't have prospect fatigue, I have draft fatigue at this point lol. 

I'm with you there. 

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still two weeks from the draft and I've talked myself into and out of every prospect and trade scenario at 12. I don't have prospect fatigue, I have draft fatigue at this point lol. 

Same.... once we make the pick at 12 (if), as long as it isn't a QB/RB/S, I can see myself talking myself into like it. Looking at the less popular guys that people complain about us taking;

TE- Fant/Hock are really good and the league is shifting more to 12 personnel (the analytics people think TEs are the most undervalued position). Fant is a legit freak

WR- DK is a freak with top WR in the NFL upside

OL- can never go wrong

ILB- White/Bush would add a new element to this D of a real 3 down LB (Blake is good, but not an elite athlete). Could make a solid front 7 into a top 10 front

CB- I could see us needing one like Greedy (king has been hurt 2 years, Jackson was meh.. we get thin quick)

This isn't even hitting edge.

On first round OTs...

None of them will play LT for us in their rookie contract.

Therefore the only value from a day 1 OT is someone who:

(1) is an "as good of a" RT as Bulaga in 2019 such that Bulaga could slide inside OR

(2) Can play inside in year 1 and switch to RT in 2020 OR

(3) Can be a top 3 RT in year 2 regardless

Does that sound like Dillard or Taylor or Williams or Riser or anyone?

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

On first round OTs...

(1) is an "as good of a" RT as Bulaga in 2019 such that Bulaga could slide inside OR

Bulaga aint playing inside.  He is borderline elite in pass pro and struggles with run blocking, makes no sense to move that inside. 

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

On first round OTs...

(4) You have an empty space of grass where a RT should be in 2020

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

(4) You have an empty space of grass where a RT should be in 2020

We also have Bulaga, Spriggs, and Billy Turner who are all candidates for that spot. It had better be a hell of a value to take an OT especially at 12

Archived