2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

32 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Somewhat common knowledge by now I believe, but Luke Getsy was at Miss St. last year with Simmons. He would know what time of locker room presence and leader he has become.  And if brought him in for a visit. i didn’t follow his incident closely at all, but bringing him in for a visit and having Getsy makes me okay if they decide to take him.

Now it's a bit more common knowledge than before you typed this cause I didnt realize that.

So - if sought out - theres a voice inside the room for an up close and personal POV. Interesting. Not sure how it changes things - but an added dynamic - potentially. Again, I dont think GB has Simmons on their board. Call it "just a feeling"

I wouldn't compare Simmons' case with Mixon at all, other than they were both assaults.  Quite a difference between defending your sister and taking a cheap shot at someone who may have called you a name.

14 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I'd be happy with a move down to 20 and taking Polite and Simmons. That's a better draft than 2009

781aa751e994839d8d80dd17ec810008.jpg

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't compare Simmons' case with Mixon at all, other than they were both assaults.  Quite a difference between defending your sister and taking a cheap shot at someone who may have called you a name.

781aa751e994839d8d80dd17ec810008.jpg

Simmons is number two on my board. Quite a bit better than Raji.

Polite is different than CMIII. But I see elite burst and quickness in Polite's tape. He's not far off Matthews. While he can't hold an edge, Polite can shoot gaps and I'd be surprised if he couldn't hold up in coverage.

Simmons>>>Raji

CMIII>Polite (who was just clueless -- nothing worse -- at the combine and had a hammy)

Lol, the 2009 draft class was probably top 5 in all the NFL since 2009. 

Clay Matthews, BJ Raji and TJ Lang. 

9 pro bowls.
1 first team all-pro
2 second team all-pro
2 iconic plays that are both top 100 in Packer history

With the first pick only playing six years.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

9 pro bowls.
1 first team all-pro
2 second team all-pro

This can be better.

It's deep.

And we have more draft capital than 2009 or ever. Gotta remember we draft low usually. We are lucky to have so much capital in a top thin but deep class.  It's Gute's big draft, no doubt. They are very excited at 1265

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

9 pro bowls.
1 first team all-pro
2 second team all-pro

Was great. 2005 was probably more important due to 2 players. The rest of it was crap/injured.

We need Gutey to deliver somethin similar 10 years later.

13 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Polite is different than CMIII. But I see elite burst and quickness in Polite's tape. He's not far off Matthews. While he can't hold an edge, Polite can shoot gaps and I'd be surprised if he couldn't hold up in coverage.

Simmons>>>Raji

CMIII>Polite (who was just clueless -- nothing worse -- at the combine and had a hammy)

No to Burns, yes to Polite? I...I don't have words.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

This can be better.

It's deep.

And we have more draft capital than 2009 or ever. Gotta remember we draft low usually. We are lucky to have so much capital in a top thin but deep class.  It's Gute's big draft, no doubt. They are very excited at 1265

GB drafted higher in 2009 than 2019.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

No to Burns, yes to Polite? I...I don't have words.

Except 12 vs. 20 is a huge difference.

Polite dropped twenty pounds to play in 2018. Very different concerns with these players. Burns has never played at that weight.

15 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Simmons>>>Raji

This coming from the guy that knocked Burns burst (and his 1.54 10 yard split). 

I mean what the actual wow man. 

6 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Except 12 vs. 20 is a huge difference.

Polite dropped twenty pounds to play in 2018. Very different concerns with these players. Burns has never played at that weight.

Yeah we're taking a top 15 player at 12 in one scenario and one I don't have in my top 75 at 20 in another.

One scenario I'd be pleased with the other downright livid.

Archived