2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 hour ago, Victor1124 said:

From what i understand, Dillard seems like a LT only type player and lacks the physicality to play RT. I know some people who don't even love him at LT. I don't think RT is as much of a need as most here and definitely would prefer to stay away from Dillard, especially at 12. 

I disagree with this sentiment. Lack of reps doesnt equate inability. Dillard is a 4 of 5 guy to me. I think he has the most important responsibility down, pro. Projecting, I think his hand placement and his footwork will serve him well in the zone run game. When he gets out on screens hes looking for work and can move those second level guys with a swing. His drive skills in power are a huge question mark, but the pad level he plays with gives me hope theres enough there to work with. Theres not enough evidence pro or con for me there. I'd be thrilled with Dillard if Oliver and Burns aren't there. 

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Is a starting OT as much of a need as we think? Is Bulaga worth a 3rd contract?  Ideally Bulaga's body is better this year than last year after a full offseason of NOT recovering from ACL surgery and he sticks at RT for a 3rd contract, right?

Bulaga is gone after this contract, I'll go ahead and guarantee it now.

Zach Kruse:   If Ed (Oliver) and Hock are both there at 12, they honestly should take Ed (Oliver) then trade up to 13 to get Hock. T.J. Hockenson is such a perfect blend of talent, versatility and scheme fit at a need position for the Packers. Jimmy and Lewis will be gone after this year. Then there’s nothing. And this offense needs TEs.

17 minutes ago, Cheech said:

How high up could the Packers move from 30 if they, say, offered to swap 2nd round picks and threw in a 4th?

25?  

If the point charts are correct we could get to 22. That would be interesting because I could see Brian Burns sitting there at 22 with a tackle and Fant. So depending on what we did at 12 we'd be sitting pretty good.  

14 minutes ago, Cheech said:

How high up could the Packers move from 30 if they, say, offered to swap 2nd round picks and threw in a 4th?

25?  

Would need a team with a similar slot in second round.  Hou at 23 could work

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If the point charts are correct we could get to 22. That would be interesting because I could see Brian Burns sitting there at 22 with a tackle and Fant. So depending on what we did at 12 we'd be sitting pretty good.  

You might want to take your glasses off and clean those lens cause we're taking Burns at 12 :)

Archived