2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

9 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

We've taken chances on Harrells before.

Enormous difference between picking a guy recovering from routine surgery of which there is very high success rate and "taking a guy you know to have a significantly higher chance of death or catastrophic injury".

Harrell was considered a surprise that high because most teams put a higher premium on the previous year's performance than earlier on in a college kid's career, whereas the Packers often seek to exploit that as a market inefficiency.

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, given that the Packers are historically one of the most medically conservative teams in the league, if he's off *some* teams draft boards the odds suggest that he's off ours.

Ding ding.

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, given that the Packers are historically one of the most medically conservative teams in the league, if he's off *some* teams draft boards the odds suggest that he's off ours.

I remember Palmy being wary of the Packers Vince Biegel pick over his foot injury.  4th round is probably different to first though. 

Is Irv Smith Comparable to Keith Jackson of yesteryear? Same height, but Keith Jackson was about 10 lbs heavier I believe. I keep thinking Smith is too short, but he is/was productive.

I watched more of Oliver's San Jose Film, he has more upside than I thought. 

There's only really been one athlete to die from an enlarged heart int he last twenty years and that was Jason Collier.

The rest of the athletes that have died have done so because of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which it sounds like Sweat does not have. 

At least that's my understanding of the situation, obviously not a doctor. 

Archived