2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Just now, JaireAlex said:

Peter King knows a lot more than he says. His mock has DL going early. He has the DL rising. Now there's talk that Atlanta could move up for Wilkins, Oliver gone early. Some local reporters have great beads on whom their teams are targeting. Teams scour all the reports at the last hour and make bids to jump and get their guys. 

Gosselin is gone. But some guys know what's up. I think Pauline and McGinn have a very solid record on who the Pack likes. If they don't get players right (often true enough), they get the positions right.

But it really seems that there is a frenzy for the top OL and top DL. Lots of teams cool (ie. not thrilled) on the edge class at top. Anyways, Gute has a plan for all contingencies. They will come away with a solid DT or OL in round one, maybe two if things fall right. That's how I read it.

No, not at all actually. 

McGinn has been right way less than the general consensus on this forum (sadly). 

Pauline isn't even worth talking about, dude has been so far off at times, it's ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

giphy.gif 

Yes, a Mock Draft site that has 6 separate mocks drafts all with Burns going no later than #21 means that Burns definitely won't be on Green Bay's draft board. What the hell did I just read?

Rotoworld (Norris), CBSsports and DraftAces all have Burns going to Green Bay. 

Daniel Jeremiah has Burns going #11 to Cincy in his final mock.

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it a fact. Also, mock drafts don't mean diddly.  

You need to stop trolling. But at least read what I wrote.

Huddle report had a lot of mocks with Burns at 12. Not any more. They have the number one mock draft guru for the average of the last five years. Moreover, the guys I regard as knowledgable don't have Burns on the radar for GB.

But if you're going to keep trolling me, please read my post first.

That is the big question. Let's remember, if it was not for his injury he and Q. Williams are in a battle for best DT taken. That is how good Simmons is when he is healthy. And I think Q. Williams is the best football player available in the draft this year. Pick 12 and no production in year 1 is a hard pill to swallow. But if you get top 5 pick production at a premium position for the next four years on a rookie contract, that does not seem like quite the conundrum we should be upset about.

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Moreover, the guys I regard as knowledgable don't have Burns on the radar for GB.

Apparently the list of those you regard as knowledgeable needs to be tweaked a bit :)
(Thats a joke btw....humor)

Just now, JaireAlex said:

You need to stop trolling. But at least read what I wrote.

Huddle report had a lot of mocks with Burns at 12. Not any more. They have the number one mock draft guru for the average of the last five years. Moreover, the guys I regard as knowledgable don't have Burns on the radar for GB.

But if you're going to keep trolling me, please read my post first.

No one is trolling you. You're the troll who wants Wren at 30, Saunders at 44, and thinks Hockenson is the best football player in the entire draft. 

I read your entire post, and it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read (and I'm sure most would agree with that sentiment).

You're literally using a mock draft site to justify why something won't happen. 

You also just discounted Rotoworld, NFL.com, and CBSsports as knowledgeable sources because that doesn't fit your narrative

2 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

That is the big question. Let's remember, if it was not for his injury he and Q. Williams are in a battle for best DT taken. That is how good Simmons is when he is healthy. And I think Q. Williams is the best football player available in the draft this year. Pick 12 and no production in year 1 is a hard pill to swallow. But if you get top 5 pick production at a premium position for the next four years on a rookie contract, that does not seem like quite the conundrum we should be upset about.

Interesting.......

This morning I heard some talking head saying theres a train of thought in the NFL that Alabama DL's can be somewhat played out. That Saban wrings it out of them.

@JaireAlex

You're doing exactly what you promised you weren't going to do as of... what... 2 hours ago? 

Just stop the incessant ranting about Burns. 

You've become known for your rants in general, is that what you want to be known for?

Everyone knows how you feel about it, just let it go. 

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Trade 12 for 15 & 96

15 - Hockenson

Trade 30, 114, 118 for 25

25 - Greedy Williams (mentions moving Jackson to safety)

44 - Winovich

75 - Isabella

96 - Nate Davis

Gross. 

Not a fan at all. 

If that's what you like, I hope it happens for you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

So where is his exact value?

Whatever NFL GM's decide.  Using history as a guide he should go late in the first round or early 2nd.  We should be able to get him at #30.  Won't happen though he's too good.  I'd be cool with a trade back score an extra 3rd and grab him in the late teens to make sure he's still there.  If that's the direction the Pack wants to go.  To answer your question I think he's worth #30.

Just now, Cadmus said:

@JaireAlex

You're doing exactly what you promised you weren't going to do as of... what... 2 hours ago? 

Just stop the incessant ranting about Burns. 

You've become known for your rants in general, is that what you want to be known for?

Everyone knows how you feel about it, just let it go. 

Yeah, nobody likes people who constantly rant about the same thing.  People need to be more like me.  Fair, level-headed, super charming, beloved. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Whatever NFL GM's decide.  Using history as a guide he should go late in the first round or early 2nd.  We should be able to get him at #30.  Won't happen though he's too good.  I'd be cool with a trade back score an extra 3rd and grab him in the late teens to make sure he's still there.  If that's the direction the Pack wants to go.  To answer your question I think he's worth #30.

Okay. My mistake then. I thought you were considering him with the 12th pick - but dropped back a bit. Hence, I was wondering how far you'd be willing to go.

Personally - though I recognize the value and functionality of trading back - it can open a can of worms by exposing the talent you think "Isnt quite warm enough..." at 12 - to every other team.

I'm not a proponent of over drafting - but neither am I a proponent of "Dont draft a guy till the value is just right"

I say - if the talents right for your team - take the talent and move forward.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting.......

This morning I heard some talking head saying theres a train of thought in the NFL that Alabama DL's can be somewhat played out. That Saban wrings it out of them.

I do not subscribe to generalizations like this at all. It is a terrible argument that is made when they are searching for something negative to say and it is an extremely lazy argument. It is like saying every Tedford QB is going to be mediocre at best NFL QB. I judge each prospect on their own merit and NOT where they went to school.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Gross. 

Not a fan at all. 

If that's what you like, I hope it happens for you. 

I want Sweat/Burns at 12 and I think 15 is too high for TE but I am all for grabbing the #1 CB in this draft. DBs in this league are too valuable to pass up. I also like Winovich and Isabella so it piqued my interest. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, nobody likes people who constantly rant about the same thing.  People need to be more like me.  Fair, level-headed, super charming, beloved. 

We all can't sit in a doomsday bunker waiting for armageddeon to come as we laugh at the imminent demise of all the peons that think Julio is a weapon in the redzone. 

That's reserved for you @Outpost31

Edited by Cadmus