2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

16 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

No one is trolling you. You're the troll who wants Wren at 30, Saunders at 44, and thinks Hockenson is the best football player in the entire draft. 

I read your entire post, and it was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read (and I'm sure most would agree with that sentiment).

You're literally using a mock draft site to justify why something won't happen. 

You also just discounted Rotoworld, NFL.com, and CBSsports as knowledgeable sources because that doesn't fit your narrative

You continue to twist everything I wrote. Definition of trolling. Just stop. Seriously

You literally go back and read every post I ever made. Bring up stuff from a month ago. Seriously, mods  need to step in.

As to McGinn, he got Clark and King right, which few had and usually gets position if not player. 

I NEVER said I wouldn't rag on Burns. Just stop putting words in my mouth. You're just a troll.

Edited by JaireAlex

3 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I want Sweat/Burns at 12 and I think 15 is too high for TE but I am all for grabbing the #1 CB in this draft. DBs in this league are too valuable to pass up. I also like Winovich and Isabella so it piqued my interest. 

Greedy wanting nothing to do with the agility drills doesn't help. 

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

So where is his exact value?

I wouldn't be upset with him at 12 in this draft honestly.

Somewhere like 15 to 25ish is pretty stupid value for a guy like that. If he makes it to 30 you better tear your own ACL running to the podium as a sign of respect.

1 minute ago, PackFan4Life said:

I do not subscribe to generalizations like this at all. It is a terrible argument that is made when they are searching for something negative to say and it is an extremely lazy argument. It is like saying every Tedford QB is going to be mediocre at best NFL QB. I judge each prospect on their own merit and NOT where they went to school.

Well, I wasnt considering it quite that deeply, but the program a player is part of / exposed to - does factor into both his draft status and physical state at draft time. Alabama is about as close to "Pro-Lite" as there is.

Tough program populated by top athletes (who you have to practice against....).
Tough Conference.
Tough games.
Many "extra" Bowl / Championship games............

It can wear on a player.
Doesnt stop a lot of Bama players getting drafted......might have bearing come 2nd contract time though.

I think thats about as deeply as the TV pundit was going.

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Just stop.

As soon as you stop ranting about stupid stuff, I'll leave you alone. 

Real simple.

There's zero trolling here, I'm telling you exactly how it is. 

Edited by Cadmus

1 minute ago, festiveonion said:

I wouldn't be upset with him at 12 in this draft honestly. Somewhere like 15 to 25ish is pretty stupid value for a guy like that. If he makes it to 30 you better tear your own ACL running to the podium as a sign of respect.

:)  Since my Achilles tendon injury, my running days are over.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Don't worry.

Everyone at Huddle report has taken Burns off the Pack pick at 12. (Several had him before, none in the final mocks.) So has every late (in the know) mock draft. I guarantee he's not on the GB board there. What I said on my first post on the forum.

It sounds like there is a frenzy going on for the top DL and top tackles. McGinn has us targeting Simmons, which makes a ton of sense as a back up option if our top tackles and DTs are gone. I could see a trade back (12) or trade up (30) for Simmons. Gute has it handled. Should be a very solid to great draft.

ROFL. Damn, because he's off the board on some scouts mock drafts that gave you the confidence to guarantee he's not on their board there? Did you also guarantee we were trading up for Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick last year too?  

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport:

Two teams that have shown a willingness to trade into the top 10, doing their homework on what it would cost: The Falcons and the Redskins. For Washington, it would likely be for a QB. For Atlanta, the options are varied.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:

Two teams that have shown a willingness to trade into the top 10, doing their homework on what it would cost: The Falcons and the Redskins. For Washington, it would likely be for a QB. For Atlanta, the options are varied.

ATL really wants Big Houston don't they?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:

Everyone and their mother had GB taking Kevin King. And people who recognize Packers draft tendencies had Kenny Clark, including Justis and myself, and a host of others. 

It's honestly not that hard to figure out who GB would like based on tendencies, only where they would take them. They have Brian Burns on their board. Do they value him highly at 12? I'd bet he'd be in consideration there.

Honestly, Simmons at #12 would not surprise me. I could even see them being higher on Tillery than most. He fits their athletic profile at DT  

• Like 1