2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just trying to remember the last time a player who missed their rookie year due to a pre-existing injury ever amounted to much in the NFL.  Not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be pretty rare, and almost never live up to expectations. 

Willis McGahee and Frank Gore both missed a boatload of time, IIRC.

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just trying to remember the last time a player who missed their rookie year due to a pre-existing injury ever amounted to much in the NFL.  Not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be pretty rare, and almost never live up to expectations. 

Jaylon Smith played pretty well for Dallas last year.

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Willis McGahee and Frank Gore both missed a boatload of time, IIRC.

I also missed most of my rookie year. 
Though I think it had to do more with me going undrafted than the injury red flag. And I would hardly call sleep paralysis a 'preexisting condition' but you know how conservative those doctors in GB can be. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Smith in Dallas is pretty damn good, Sidney Jones locked down a starting spot for Philly this year, Simmons is on their level as a prospect, probably slightly down from Smith (who was probably the best ILB prospect in the mold of Kuechly/Willis) and better than Jones.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Are you referring to rookies who missed the year due to injuries, pre-draft? Jaylen Smith from the Cowboys a few years ago. He was damn good last year. 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wilkins, Simmons, Tillery, Burns, Sweat, Allen, Oliver

One of those 7 will be our first pick.

Hope you are correct. I would live with four of  the 7 at 12. I'd want to trade down before putting the card in for Tillery, Sweat or Burns. Hopefully grab an additional second in the trade down hypothetical. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Hope you are correct. I would live with four of  the 7 at 12. I'd want to trade down before putting the card in for Tillery, Sweat or Burns. Hopefully grab an additional second in the trade down hypothetical. 

I have a weird feeling that Burns is gonna be gone be gone by 12