Throw Up The X - Bryant 2017 Predictions

D82

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

After having not played a full season since 2014, Dez Bryant is entering his 8th season in the NFL with renewed hope and expectations. It stands to reason that with the suspension of Elliott, it's very possible the passing game will see an increase in production. As such, it's hard not to think Dez will see a good number of looks his way. 

With that said, what are your predictions on Dez's 2017 season? Will we see a return to 2014 form or will injuries, lack of a threat opposite him, or some other unforeseen event keep Dez from reaching the level we're so used to seeing from him?

Personally, I can see the following as realistic expectations from Dez this season: 
82 catches, 1380 yards, 12 TDs

10 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Personally, I can see the following as realistic expectations from Dez this season: 
82 catches, 1380 yards, 12 TDs

I hope so.  I have him in a keeper fantasy league.  I thought him and Dak took some time to get on the same page last year, but I do think their chemistry will be much improved this season.  

If Zeke's suspension holds up I think this may help Dez a bit. McFadden is still solid and we may throw a few more quicker passes. If Switzer and Beasley can cause some problems should help Dez as well along with a full healthy offseason to work with Dak.

80 Rec 1200 yards 11 TDs.

Just now, Webmaster said:

I hope so.  I have him in a keeper fantasy league.  I thought him and Dak took some time to get on the same page last year, but I do think their chemistry will be much improved this season.  

xD

I think it will as well. Having Terrence Williams back should help assuming he's able to improve those hands of his...Beasley is a threat from the slot and it will be interesting to see how they plan to use Switzer in the mix. Not to mention Gathers and of course, Witten. 

If we can get some of those other guys to become a threat, it will hopefully leave Dez with more one-on-one opportunities.

Dak started geting the deep fade and the back shoulder throws down with him. that's bread and butter for Dez. Am intersted to see if their chemistry can continue to develop. Hard for a young QB to have the kind of trust a QB needs to have in Dez. As Dak begins to develop that, Dez ought to thrive.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I just want him to be healthy. If he is then he will put up Dez Bryant numbers. Man has been injured way too much in his career to even guess at his stats. 

That's the unfortunate part. If Dez stayed healthy throughout his career, I don't doubt he'd be regarded more highly than what he is now.

5 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

That's the unfortunate part. If Dez stayed healthy throughout his career, I don't doubt he'd be regarded more highly than what he is now.

Agreed.  Injuries are the only thing that's held him back.   I'm predicting he has a career year this season.   He seems healthy and with Elliot missing time the Cowboys will need to lean on him early.  I think that early success will lead to a big season.    

2 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Agreed.  Injuries are the only thing that's held him back.   I'm predicting he has a career year this season.   He seems healthy and with Elliot missing time the Cowboys will need to lean on him early.  I think that early success will lead to a big season.    

For many reasons, I'd be happy to see him have a career year. It likely means the offense produced which usually equals wins.

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'll say somewhere around 90 / 1300 / 15. 

Those numbers go up if Zeke ends up being susp for 6 gms. Suspect Dallas will throw more during that span.

Problem is that we play some really good CBs to start the year and Dez has typically been kind of a slow starter even in his best years

75 catches, 900-1100, 14 TDs

The lack of Zeke will hurt Bryant's one on one potential for a while. We all know Dez has trouble breaking free of a hi/lo zone or a man up/deep half over coverage. He will see a lot of that - he won't be pedestrian, though. He is a beast in the red zone, and is going to get a good share of targets inside the 40 let alone inside the 20 or 10. We may never see that 90 catch 1400  yard guy again, with age, injury, scheme change, run emphasis, high volume of targets going to other receivers, etc. But Dez is still a monster and defenses need to account for him every play, or he will burn them deep everytime. This is a guy not afraid to piss off coaches by taking his route much deeper than it was meant to go, because when he does it it usually pays off very big. 

Overall I think middle of the pack of #1 receivers, as it pertains to yards/catches. But a large TD total. 

Archived