TNF: Jets vs Browns GDT The Battle of the light weights.

Kiwibrown

Who do you have?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Browns vs Jets

2. 2. How many Ints for Darnold?

57 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

I just meant that ALL rookie QB's (indeed all QB's in general) go through peaks and valleys and Baker will be no exception.  Look at Sam Darnold week 1 compared to Thursday night.  Its not realistic to expect Baker to be all-great-all-the-time and that's all I was saying.  Defenses will get tape on him and scheme against his weaknesses and he will eventually have a 2 or 3 INT game where they get beat up and that is just inevitable.  The point though is that I expect he will learn from those mistakes and have an overall successful year in 2018, and that's all Cleveland fans could really hope for at this point after the last 3 years...

Yeah I agree, I don't think a bad game for Baker will necessarily mean a bad game for the Browns. We'll have to see if the team keeps the same intensity in a ho-hum Sunday game as they did in the primetime game when Baker was on the field but if they do they should be able to pick him up a little if he has an off game.

Maybe Thursday was a mirage, we'll see soon enough.

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

I highly doubt Thursday was a mirage for Baker.  He was just too consistently great in college (over a LARGE span of games) for me to think he will fall apart in the NFL.  Baker is gonna be great but he isn't perfect because nobody is.

He wasn't even perfect Thursday but compared to what we have seen for 10 years it was close enough for us. His accuracy was close to perfect, even the coulda been pick had perfect location. I'm sure teams will try to pressure him more in his face or get him out of the pocket or keep him in the pocket or try to make him roll to his left and et cetera but blitzing will eventually be a problem for defenses because he will change the play and attack the weakness of it. Still, I can't help but feel I'm getting too excited over his potential, it's just been so long since we had anything better than average at the position that I am pretty stoked about his chances. Also Drew Brees said he could be better than him. Who am I to argue with a HOF?

I'm also kind of not looking forward to debating about who is better at the QB position with the guys we all know he will be compared against. I'm sure I'll be there debating but why should I even care if he is better than Montana, Brady, Peyton or Marino?

Archived