Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

Feels like we havent had a general thread for random talk since we left the old forum.   

Would it be possible to sticky this?

Just thought it would be cool to have a thread we could talk about random stuff.

My random thought right now.....is Steelers talk.   :D

Well, actually, its a video Im sure others have seen before, but I just saw it and couldnt stop laughing.   Its a video of Pat McCafe talking about Troy Polamalu, and its side-splittingly funny.   If you havent seen it, check it out....

• Like 2

I haven’t looked that game footage up but a friend of mine said McAfee was just straight up eye balling the C gap the whole way. McAfee is absolutely hilarious though and a great story teller. E-D REED BOY

Can we bring his corpse back to punt for us? I don’t care how out of shape he is, what his knees are like or how plastered he might be. Just come punt for us so I don’t have to murder Berry.

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I haven’t looked that game footage up but a friend of mine said McAfee was just straight up eye balling the C gap the whole way. McAfee is absolutely hilarious though and a great story teller. E-D REED BOY

Can we bring his corpse back to punt for us? I don’t care how out of shape he is, what his knees are like or how plastered he might be. Just come punt for us so I don’t have to murder Berry.

He said he can play if he wants to.  He doesn't want to because the Colts screwed him.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/indianapolis-colts-pat-mcafee-retirement-explain-injury-surgery-interview-020217

• 2 weeks later...

Barkley is going to turn the Giants around,  what plays he made last night. I don't normally rewatch highlights, but I watched several of his plays several times, I see a bit of Barry Sanders if you can believe that. Only a bit, because we all know there will never be another like 20 in the silverdome. That  screen pass Barley had was great, the OL likes blocking for him, and that is a start for the Giants.

On 2018-10-07 at 7:57 PM, Neumatic said:

Did you guys see that game winning Kick for the Browns? That was the saddest kick I had ever seen that actually won a game, I thought for sure someone had gotten a hand on it.

I thought I could kick better than this, and then considered that this could be another Hue factor at play. I really hope this kicker doesn't fail the browns because as we know, kickers are at a premium . If a team had an open try out, how many kickers would show up that are better than this?

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Barkley is going to turn the Giants around,  what plays he made last night. I don't normally rewatch highlights, but I watched several of his plays several times, I see a bit of Barry Sanders if you can believe that. Only a bit, because we all know there will never be another like 20 in the silverdome. That  screen pass Barley had was great, the OL likes blocking for him, and that is a start for the Giants.

I'm not so sure he's going to turn the Giants around. They have a black hole at QB. They were primed and ready to get a QBoTF and they drafted a RB. I know he's special but he won't turn them around. They need to fix their O-line(big task) and get a good QB(extremely daunting task). They could have drafted Darnold and Guice and they'd be sitting pretty. One more bad year and a good draft and they're back. Now they have to get extremely lucky to find another QB when they were staring at the best one to come out in awhile. 

Barry Sanders was one of my favorite players ever but he couldn't make the Lions contenders, even in the running dominated 90s. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not so sure he's going to turn the Giants around. They have a black hole at QB. They were primed and ready to get a QBoTF and they drafted a RB. I know he's special but he won't turn them around. They need to fix their O-line(big task) and get a good QB(extremely daunting task). They could have drafted Darnold and Guice and they'd be sitting pretty. One more bad year and a good draft and they're back. Now they have to get extremely lucky to find another QB when they were staring at the best one to come out in awhile. 

Barry Sanders was one of my favorite players ever but he couldn't make the Lions contenders, even in the running dominated 90s. 

The Giants most likely will draft high this year and get their QB. The OL, that could be done with 2 more pieces but how they go about that I am not sure. If they draft another flowers, then forget it, so I would go UFA if they have the cap space.  If Odell has value and is in FACT a distraction against the team , do they trade him and help rebuild that way?

The 90's also required good D, and the Lions lacked that back then.  

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

The Giants most likely will draft high this year and get their QB. The OL, that could be done with 2 more pieces but how they go about that I am not sure. If they draft another flowers, then forget it, so I would go UFA if they have the cap space.  If Odell has value and is in FACT a distraction against the team , do they trade him and help rebuild that way?

The 90's also required good D, and the Lions lacked that back then.  

Well they can certainly hope to get their QB in this next draft, which seems weak, or they could have taken the best one in a great class last year. RB's don't change franchises. Connor is proving that. We're doing just as well with an overdrafted 3rd rounder than we did with a top 3 RB, who was himself a 2nd rounder.