Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

As a DC, I would teach my guys to blow the QB up on EVERY RPO play. I don't care if the RB rips off a 50 yarder. That OC will learn sooner then later to not call those plays. 

Talk about a fast way to lose your job. 

The Ravens could really put the NFL on notice. If everyone starts running a heavy zone scheme on them and Jackson progresses more as a passer they could be a real nightmare. With their burners at WR they can really blow the doors off a zone scheme. You can't man up on them or they run it down your throats. 

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I hear y'all and no it doesn't work here and there. But blow the QB up EVERY DOWN? I promise you they won't continue to run it. I'll take 1 loss to send the message to the rest of the League. 

I mean this is what happened to RG3. People are gonna find out quick when Lamar has to stand in the pocket and throw that he is not an NFL caliber QB.

Eventually when he is running he is going to get lit up.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

This is Steeler talk but I didnt want to start a thread for this. I normally dont go down this rabbit hole but. Does anyone think in a couple weeks when Dez is good to go, that he would add anything more than what we already have as a #4 WR that would make him worth signing?

I don't know what will happen there, but if our WR situation is solidified with a break out from either Washington and or Johnson, maybe it's time to call Dez.  If he is healthy and can play, why not? His hands are top notch, the achilles won't affect his catching. I mean if colbert can pay moncrief$1m per catch with a drop rate over 50%, why can't he sign Dez for a fraction of the price and also have top tier hands? Sounds like an easy decision, cut swather, move Johnson to KR. Cut Chickillo too I suppose, it can be done.

Is Dez said to be near 100%? Thats a serious injury, and hines field isn't the greatest either.