Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it would be worth it or if anyone else is super into Pods, but maybe it would be a good idea to start a Pod thread to share stuff. 

I love Russillo, but this was a fun episode with Dilfer. I could listen to Trent talk QBs and offense all day long. But he touched on a couple things I believe really related to the Steelers. 1) the importance of a confident OC and its effect on the entire team (which I don't believe we had) and 2) that there's really no use worrying about drafting and holding onto some QB's like a Jordan Love because there are 5 more coming next year, and the year after, and the year after....IMO, that speaks to our situation. If you wanted to look at a QB in the second/third, there's really not a point because there will be another 5 next year. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ryen-russillo-podcast/id1433966613?i=1000520504586

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, August4th said:

Lamar is gonna have to put the team on his back.

I have been questioning their off-season all summer wondering why they would try to transition into more pocket passing with the most devastating run game I think that could be created....but now it almost seems like it will be out of necessity. 

The good news....AV is a better LT than he is a RT....but I'm not sure by how much...

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

How about Freeman called off the PA before Bell?!?

I laughed man. Like a good, long belly laugh. I really enjoyed on Twitter when Bell said he was doing it his way this time...no rush! He was going to find the right spot. 

Then, unemployed 6 days before week 1, he signs to the practice squad and impressed them so much in his short time there that they brought in 2 other outside Vet RB's, who are both currently on the active roster. 

Dudes killing the game. 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:05 PM, warfelg said:

absolutely love the australian representation in the nfl and hope he continues to succeed

the team that he played juniors for, south sydney, just made the grand final in the nrl (the "majors"); i despise them but i'm sure that jordan'll be watching em next week

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Through a quarter of the season, I feel pretty good so far about my off-season hot take that the Chiefs may not be back to the super bowl anytime soon. That defense is sooo bad and holds 5 of their top 8 cap hits. They may have fixed their OL after last year, but the lack of top end talent going to the defense is desperately showing. 

They need to resign Honey Badger, Mahomes money starts to actually hit in 2022, Kelce will be 32, Frank Clark will still have 2 years with cap hits north of $26M.....

No weapons outside of Hill and Kelce, no first round talent on Defense, big cap hits coming....Mahomes is a god, but it's going to be tough for them. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Through a quarter of the season, I feel pretty good so far about my off-season hot take that the Chiefs may not be back to the super bowl anytime soon. That defense is sooo bad and holds 5 of their top 8 cap hits. They may have fixed their OL after last year, but the lack of top end talent going to the defense is desperately showing. 

They need to resign Honey Badger, Mahomes money starts to actually hit in 2022, Kelce will be 32, Frank Clark will still have 2 years with cap hits north of $26M.....

No weapons outside of Hill and Kelce, no first round talent on Defense, big cap hits coming....Mahomes is a god, but it's going to be tough for them. 

Mahomes is also playing like TT Mahomes right now with a lot of good throws but a crap ton of piss poor decisions too. 

Mahomes = Favre

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Mahomes is also playing like TT Mahomes right now with a lot of good throws but a crap ton of piss poor decisions too. 

Mahomes = Favre

I'll have to think about that comparison some more. I do think he is Yolo'ing a little more than usual, but he is still playing bonkers good football. It's very strange to say this about that Kansas city offense, but its almost a crime that the couldn't get one more weapon in their offense. It's just like Rodgers with the Packers. Yes, Adams is a god and Jones is amazing -- but when defenses beg you to beat them with anyone else and you still cant...that's an issue. 

Some of these teams need to pay the Steelers to scout receivers for them. They took Mecole Hardman in the second round when he was just okay in college. Can you imagine them with Diontae Johnson, DK Metcalf, or Terry McLaurin?