Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Good. He’s not good enough to take up 20+% of the cap. 

Copy and paste for Baker. 

In both instances, I am very, VERY excited for the Browns to pay their 4th best offensive weapon $40M+ per year -- especially if they wait on the extension. 

Just to complete the 4th best weapon take: 1) Stefanski, 2) Chubb, 3) that offensive line, 4) Baker

Lamar I do think is a dominant player, and the Ravens obvious best player. I just think there will always be a cap. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

trying not to laugh GIF

Me watching all the browns drama while sitting in the basement of the AFC North after losing to the ghost of Ben Roethlisberger at home (again) after alllllllllll their fans talked so much smack and let everyone else know about being super bowl contenders

21 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

trying not to laugh GIF

Me watching all the browns drama while sitting in the basement of the AFC North after losing to the ghost of Ben Roethlisberger at home (again) after alllllllllll their fans talked so much smack and let everyone else know about being super bowl contenders

I think cle is a good team, but it got annoying how people were getting so giddy about them being a top NFL team with the best roster..heard that all off season on several podcasts...they get so overboard talking about their front office..I get it with the Ravens, but cle? I see a good team, but elite? not yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I think cle is a good team, but it got annoying how people were getting so giddy about them being a top NFL team with the best roster..heard that all off season on several podcasts...they get so overboard talking about their front office..I get it with the Ravens, but cle? I see a good team, but elite? not yet

The “baker mayfield is an MVP candidate” part really out me over the edge with the edge. 

26 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't understand how it keeps happening with Cleveland. Every year the pundits fall in love with them because of their offseason moves and it never bears fruit, at least so far. Maybe it's because they're an underdog, but nobody ever does it with Detroit *shrugs*

Buying the shiny new toys in the off-season always creates buzz....but it's extremely rare that the highest spending team becomes one of the best teams in the league. Just doesn't really happen that way. 

I really do like the Browns team that they created. They have truly hit some bad luck, but I still just find it hilarious after ever single Cleveland troll on twitter and the internet crawled out of their 0-16 bomb shelter to declare themselves the top team in the AFC because they beat a really broken Steelers team in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Tomlins salary is finally public:

$11.5mil/year

I don't much mind, especially considering the company he keeps at the top there. The greatest coach ever, two of the best offensive minds in the sport, and.....uh, Pete Carrol?

Don't know what his salary might have been before the extension (if it even changed at all), but thats a lot of money to commit to someone to go 8-8-1 yearly. I know he got the extension to have continuity at the top in a post Ben world...but you can't get paid that much without producing. So hopefully this is the last contract if mediocrity continues. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Texans cut Zach Cunningham. I wouldn’t mind a claim on him. 

I think I saw that he had a big hit coming in 2022? So would most likely go unclaimed -- but I would love to take a look. He is 27 and fits that role next to Bush that we desperately need. Signing him this year maybe gives you that head start in securing him next season. 

27 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I think I saw that he had a big hit coming in 2022? So would most likely go unclaimed -- but I would love to take a look. He is 27 and fits that role next to Bush that we desperately need. Signing him this year maybe gives you that head start in securing him next season. 

Truth be told I’m seeing another high pick or FA signing at ILB with how much Steelers value ILB in their scheme.

53 minutes ago, AFF said:

Truth be told I’m seeing another high pick or FA signing at ILB with how much Steelers value ILB in their scheme.

Could be. I tend to think they are going to let it ride again with Bush as the headliner and find a complimentary piece next year and hope that compliment, the DL health/improvement, and overall healthy off-season will allow him to bounce back. 

I am gonna guess, though, that they will be declining his 5th year option and would tag him if he bounced back. Difference is like $3-4M. Same thing I think they are doing with Edmunds -- no you were not worth the fully guaranteed cost but we have a card in our back pocket to retain your services again anyway.