Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

obvs i don’t even live in the usa so i’m not there but just seeing all how pittsburgh as a city, how both the steelers and the pens have stood by the community, and how as a whole the city has reacted to the recent tragedy is just amazing

gonna go to america one day and you better believe the steel city will be my most anticipated stop because this city is just pure 

• Like 2

So the story behind this:

A high school in the area I grew up in had 4 students die when a car went out of control off a nearby street, crash into the parking lot, and do quite a few barrel rolls.  As I said it took the lives of 4, critically injured 3 others, sent about 35 other students to the hospital.  Two of the deaths were a cheerleader and a football player.  They were supposed to be playing last weekend (after the accident) but the other school (who is like 2-6, Warwick has 1 loss and in the playoff hunt) forfeited the game so students could go to classmates funerals.

Tonight fans of both teams have agreed to wear black and red (the other schools colors are orange and black) despite it being a playoff game.  The home team is being allowed to wear special red uniforms, and the opposing team is wearing their black uniforms so the play on the field has the team colors too.  Both teams have already agreed that Warwick is going to line up with 4 less players, take the penalty,  and the other coach has agreed to decline.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

So this team and school I told you about, just won their 1st round matchup; 64-0. 

Where is this school? My Pops went to a Warwick High in Newport News/Hampton VA. 

*Never mind. I opened your link and saw it's in PA. Great story tho. Maybe some of those players on the 64-0 winning team are Vol commits? 

Edited by Chieferific

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

Congrats, which race did you run? This is a great time of year to run.

Thanks

The Richmond half. It’s called the “Friendliest marathon in the world”. Great day. Whole half and full marathon courses were lined with people. 

Set a goal to beat three hours. Finished in 3:09. Had 2 cramp stops and a “boot and rally” stop too. But I feel good and accomplished. James Farrior (from here in Richmond) was on the course cheering runners on. 

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Thanks

The Richmond half. It’s called the “Friendliest marathon in the world”. Great day. Whole half and full marathon courses were lined with people. 

Set a goal to beat three hours. Finished in 3:09. Had 2 cramp stops and a “boot and rally” stop too. But I feel good and accomplished. James Farrior (from here in Richmond) was on the course cheering runners on. 

I'll have to check that out at some point. Maybe when I get back to full marathon shape I can try it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, warfelg said:

There's actually people saying that there was good defensive play in last nights game....

a few good individual efforts got recognition. Defensive units as a whole never held up at all though, the teams scored at will sooner or later. Thats the new nfl, supposedly thats what everyone wants so they say.  I preferred  lower score defensive games where the offence has to earn what they get,  but todays game is much different.   I couldn't stand the SB last year other than the outcome and a few plays, thats it because for me it was a boring. 

After watching that game, I started to think that the league will eventually spend much more of offence than on D. I don't even know why people will try to play D in the future, unless they are alright with allowing 40 points a game all the time.  I guess our D with burns is better than the rams isn't it xD