Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

17 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

So... Who's in charge of these forums these days? I stopped coming to the site after I suddenly one day got IP banned and had no idea why. Tried to contact Webby and everything; but to no prevail.

Stubbled across the bookmark today and decided to try to log in... and it worked. Pure madness.

Any of the OG's still here?

Holy s-, you’re alive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Well, I didn’t want the Bengals in the Super Bowl, but my hot take last year was that the Chiefs might not be back to the super bowl for a long while…..so at least that is still alive (until next year) 

They desperately need a 3rd weapon behind Hill and Kelce, especially since Kelce is going to 33 next year...CEH has looked ok at times.

On 1/30/2022 at 2:19 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

So... Who's in charge of these forums these days? I stopped coming to the site after I suddenly one day got IP banned and had no idea why. Tried to contact Webby and everything; but to no prevail.

Stubbled across the bookmark today and decided to try to log in... and it worked. Pure madness.

Any of the OG's still here?

Forget Danny Devito GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Damnit, Dilfer kinda beat me to it by putting it out there... If I had to make a call right now about the two teams that played in the Super Bowl:

The Bengals will miss the playoffs next year. There, I said it. 

They are holding a celebration for coming in second. 

I see a ton being made of them having so much cap. I don’t see it. 5 starters are FAs. Extensions for Bell and Williams coming up. 2024 both Higgins and Boyd are FAs, the Burrow extension. Waynes will be up along with Pratt and Wilson. They’ve got to spend big this offseason without putting too much money out so they could keep guys. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I see a ton being made of them having so much cap. I don’t see it. 5 starters are FAs. Extensions for Bell and Williams coming up. 2024 both Higgins and Boyd are FAs, the Burrow extension. Waynes will be up along with Pratt and Wilson. They’ve got to spend big this offseason without putting too much money out so they could keep guys. 

They just seemed like that classic "got hot and things when our way" team. They were never the best team in the AFC, and I think you could argue the really might have been 4th or lower. Nothing against them, they have a lot of solid pieces and a really good QB...but that offensive line rivals our own in terms of suckatude and their defensive backfield started Eli Apple and the guy we used to take off the field in coverage (sorry Mike, I really do think you are a terrific player). 

It's just always interesting what our path through the playoffs are. If KC remained the one seed, our Playoff game could have been the totally beatable Titans instead of the Chiefs. The Bengals went: Raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. I maintain that the Chiefs threw that game away rather than the Bengals winning it. And then they almost won the Super Bowl by putting 7-8 into coverage against what ended up being a completed depleted skills position team of the Rams. 

I thought their D-Coordinator was cooking at the end of the year and through the playoffs, but they just feel like that classic team that gets hot and then completely falls of because its hard to duplicate that again. 

Ravens are going to be healthy. Browns should be improved. I just think we owe them one game now. Their first place schedule has them going against the Chiefs, Titans, and Cowboys. On the road for the Bucs, and Patriots. The AFC east slate will include the Bills. IMO, they are definitely closer to out of the playoffs then back to the super bowl. 

• Like 1

I would worry about Joe's longterm health if I was a bengals fan. He almost suffered a major injury in the SB and was sacked like 19 times in the postseason. if they don't fix that line, his career might get cut short. He's also not some super young QB, he'll turn 26 during the season next yr. Luck was just 29 when he retired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, August4th said:

is Lamar going to break the bank this offseason? that's a another big offseaspn news story involving quarterbacks

Part of me kinda hopes he waits another year. IMO, any contract signed this year unless it's tied to cap % and not a dollar amount would be a deal after the new TV money. I want him to take that jump WITH the TV money so he takes up even more space. 

Interesting in division thing to watch:

Jesse Bates III and the tag. He’s kinda expressed displeasure that it’s come to this. But additionally, they have $50ish mil in space, and that’s a $13mil tag, taking their cap down to $37mil. When you factor in holds, other extensions, and picks, they have something like $19mil in functional space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Interesting in division thing to watch:

Jesse Bates III and the tag. He’s kinda expressed displeasure that it’s come to this. But additionally, they have $50ish mil in space, and that’s a $13mil tag, taking their cap down to $37mil. When you factor in holds, other extensions, and picks, they have something like $19mil in functional space. 

I hope they sign Eli Apple to a $19M contract.