Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

25 minutes ago, August4th said:

seems like ben might actually be a better teammate 😬 L.O.B era seahawks hate russ

Russ is just so strange. That's gotta rub teammates the wrong way. Ben seemed like one of the guys, at least to the O-line and offense. I think the only offensive player that ever spoke out against Ben was Faneca, but that's been so long ago I hardly remember. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Russ is just so strange. That's gotta rub teammates the wrong way. Ben seemed like one of the guys, at least to the O-line and offense. I think the only offensive player that ever spoke out against Ben was Faneca, but that's been so long ago I hardly remember. 

Ben seems like a guy that if your cool with, it can be a blast. But he can also rub people the wrong way by being distant/jerk

Russ is on something else. I got weird vibes from when he did a podcast a few yrs ago. Dude might be some kind of narcissist, who lacks charisma. He comes off like this weird church/cult leader type, that happens to be really good at football.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

Ben seems like a guy that if your cool with, it can be a blast. But he can also rub people the wrong way by being distant/jerk

Russ is on something else. I got weird vibes from when he did a podcast a few yrs ago. Dude might be some kind of narcissist, who lacks charisma. He comes off like this weird church/cult leader type, that happens to be really good at football.

He definitely gives off a much more "phoney" vibe to me. Obviously a lot of guys have a tailored view that they allow to become public, but it seems like with Russ you can tell he's working really hard to have a specific perception for public view. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Fanaca didn’t even speak out against Ben, more just didn’t want him playing his rookie year. 

Bell and Brown and Sanders are the only guys that said something bad. But even Sanders only said it once. 

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Fanaca didn’t even speak out against Ben, more just didn’t want him playing his rookie year. 

Bell and Brown and Sanders are the only guys that said something bad. But even Sanders only said it once. 

Didn't Sanders just say that Peyton prepared better than Ben? I don't remember Bell or Brown saying anything against Ben, but my memory is like a goldfish. 

24 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Didn't Sanders just say that Peyton prepared better than Ben? I don't remember Bell or Brown saying anything against Ben, but my memory is like a goldfish. 

Here's the quote from Sanders:

(From) a mental standpoint, I don't care to really say this, but I feel Peyton is a far better leader. In terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him and things of that sort. This is the first time that I had a quarterback that stays every single day after practice, no matter what his accolades. From NFL MVP, Super Bowl rings. He keeps guys like me and (Cody) Latimer after practice and we're out there 15, 20 minutes. And he's not one of those guys you gotta go chase down, he's gonna be right at the same spot ready to work, every single day.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

A small shot, for sure. I don't think anyone would disagree with that sentiment. Peyton was better than 99% of NFL QBs. That pencil neck would have never made it behind some of the lines Ben had to stand behind, though lol

I agree. I think the problem was more the way he said it. You can say Peyton is the best QB you ever played with without going into the detail that throws Ben under the bus. The staying after practice and chasing down parts really made it personal with detail. 

Though, if I remember correctly, AB came out after this in defense of Ben.....which is pretty funny in hindsight 

• 4 weeks later...

https://theathletic.com/3681543/2022/10/12/giants-daboll-kafka-offense/

This is a fun article, if anyone can read it. I don't recommend getting the Athletic (unless you find it for the $1 per month offer), but I do recommend following Ted Nguyen on twitter (@FB_FilmAnalysis)

I don't think the Giants can keep this up record wise, but they are a really sound example of what good coaching can do with lack of talent. I was not sold on Daboll as an HC, but love what he is doing so far. The stuff they are doing to help Jones avoid his struggles and build on strengths has been pretty awesome. 

Good coaches figure out what players do well and put them in a position to do it. Good coaches also give their players the tools they need to succeed. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

The stuff they are doing to help Jones avoid his struggles and build on strengths has been pretty awesome. 

Joe Theisman called him out (Jones that is).  He called him “Vick light” and that he makes one read and runs.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:10 PM, warfelg said:

That’s…..some information.

???

Thought Kyle Hamilton was some elite safety prosoect?

I get that safety takes time to acclimate to coming into the NFL, but its not great that a former 7th rd pick is (supposedly) outplaying a supposed top 5 draft talent.

Could obviously turn it around, but again....not encouraging.

• Like 1