Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

40 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

To be honest, I haven't watched a single snap of Baltimore this year. Just trying to poke a little. I can agree with the quoted for sure. 

He’s been ok from what I’ve watched. He’s got packages. They are bringing him along slowly. Local radio is iffy on him. Disappointed in a 14th overall pick taking so little snaps but he hasn’t been killed. Jason La Canfora put it best of all people: “it’s good when no one talks about your FS because that means they are taking away stuff, but in Baltimores case, it also isn’t good because the pass defense has been shakey at times.”

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, warfelg said:

Meanwhile Travis Etienne had 9 carried for 106 yards and a TD Sunday. I know it’s Texans vs Ravens but 22/111/0 for Harris. 

In fairness, half of his yards were from one run.

He is a home run hitter.    Harris is more of a workhorse back.

I really like the Harris/Warren combo going into next year.    

On 1/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, warfelg said:

Meanwhile Travis Etienne had 9 carried for 106 yards and a TD Sunday. I know it’s Texans vs Ravens but 22/111/0 for Harris. 

Harris is playing much different/better in recent weeks, so the injury must have really been the issue.  The Ravens game was probably his best game  even if the stats aren't quite that.  Etienne has been helping the Jags be a sneaky playoff team.  Nobody is talking about them but look how they have been playing lately . 

Edited by 3rivers

37 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This, and I think the O-line has been gelling. Keeping the same 5 out there all year is a huge benefit too. 

Thats the biggest thing.

Harris himself has looked better, but the OL itself has given him alot more to work with than they did early on.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This, and I think the O-line has been gelling. Keeping the same 5 out there all year is a huge benefit too. 

no doubt the OL is getting better.  What an overall improvement everywhere on this team, play calling included, but we know canada isn't the reason there 😊

KP has nice accuracy on the run as well as being clutch. They are set at QB, build around him. The OL might be in place by the looks of it, they played well vs a good front in baltimore. 

Eagles have 68 sacks. The record is 72 and thats in 16 games by the 1984 Bears. Close to breaking the record but not quite. For some reason there hasn't been much mention of this from what I have read and watched online. 

KC have allowed the most passing TD's, Texans the least

Steelers allowed the fewest rush TD's,  Bears the most 

Minkah has as many or more INT's as 3 teams 

Steelers are 29th in FF

Edited by 3rivers

17 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Eagles have 68 sacks. The record is 72 and thats in 16 games by the 1984 Bears. Close to breaking the record but not quite. For some reason there hasn't been much mention of this from what I have read and watched online. 

KC have allowed the most passing TD's, Texans the least

Steelers allowed the fewest rush TD's,  Bears the most 

Minkah has as many or more INT's as 3 teams 

Steelers are 29th in FF

Because it feels like that 84 Bears 46 defense or the Jets all out blitz defense where the structure causes it. 

Additionally those great sack defenses had usually one guy who’s the face of the defense. Who’s the face of this DL? They are more a group of very good pass rushers. 

If you want nuts, I know eagles fans who say they rather have Josh Sweat than Joey Bosa or TJ Watt; and rather have Hargrave over Aaron Donald or Chris Jones.