Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

No it doesn't diminish our it's but right now they are winning and we are losing. They are the standard and we are not. Which is pretty telling for a coach that says the standard is the standard whatever the hell that means. My point is this I would hope that this encourages our front office to stop being stagnant and start making actual impactful decisions

Like I said, Steeler fans who keep comparing us to the Patriots while showing the complete inability or unwillingness to put things in perspective are absolutely insufferable.  

Am I saying Steeler fans shouldnt criticize the front office or just blindly be happy with how things are going?   Absolutely not, but to whine about how we arent the "standard" anymore or how we arent on the same level as a dynasty the likes of which we have never seen and we will likely never see again?    That is exactly what I and others mean when talking about how laughably spoiled Steeler fans are.   

There is a video I remember seeing about a spoiled rich girl getting a $100,000 car for her 16th birthday, and having a huge hissy fit because the car wasnt the color she wanted.    That's exactly what Steeler fans remind me of, sometimes.  

• Like 2

in the steelers 80+ years in existence. you can make a case that this current run(2010-now) has been the 3rd best in its history.

1. 70 steelers

2. 00 steelers

3. 90 and 10 steelers are about equal(I'd actually give the edge to this steelers era..they didn't have the lows of 6-10 and 7-9)

it can always get way worse

Edited by August4th

41 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Like I said, Steeler fans who keep comparing us to the Patriots while showing the complete inability or unwillingness to put things in perspective are absolutely insufferable.  

Am I saying Steeler fans shouldnt criticize the front office or just blindly be happy with how things are going?   Absolutely not, but to whine about how we arent the "standard" anymore or how we arent on the same level as a dynasty the likes of which we have never seen and we will likely never see again?    That is exactly what I and others mean when talking about how laughably spoiled Steeler fans are.   

There is a video I remember seeing about a spoiled rich girl getting a $100,000 car for her 16th birthday, and having a huge hissy fit because the car wasnt the color she wanted.    That's exactly what Steeler fans remind me of, sometimes.  

All right we completely agree with you my point simply is that in the playoffs there is a certain caliber or rather level of play that you have to be able to sustain and we didn't even make the playoffs. This isn't as simple as pinpointing the Patriots as much as it is pointing the teams like the Colts although they really sucked in the playoffs this year and the Chiefs as examples of the level of play that it is going to take to win a championship in simply acknowledging that we are no longer playing at that level. I'm not comparing the two teams they are different coaches different rosters different everything. What I am saying is the front office has got to realize at this point that what they have done in the past has not put them in the best position to win right now and they've got to do better moving forward

Frankly I've always hated but we have six rings argument. When I have loved the Patriots to lose absolutely but I am I absolutely emotionally destroyed that they did not and that we are no longer the only team with 6 Super Bowl rings know it was bound to happen we all knew eventually the Patriots were going to get there with this roster and this coaching staff. I think too often Steeler fans at least some of them get hung up on what we have done in the past and don't acknowledge enough what we must do in the future

I stopped caring about the legacy of this team in the offseason. They don't care about my legacy, why should I care about something that does not affect me. Maybe I'm just getting older and caring less and less about a game that is ultimately meaningless to my life. I'm a fan of the team, but there are far more things for me to care about than how many toys the guys have gotten for playing a game. Maybe that sounds callus, and I in no way am judging people that feel differently, just my two cents.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I stopped caring about the legacy of this team in the offseason. They don't care about my legacy, why should I care about something that does not affect me. Maybe I'm just getting older and caring less and less about a game that is ultimately meaningless to my life. I'm a fan of the team, but there are far more things for me to care about than how many toys the guys have gotten for playing a game. Maybe that sounds callus, and I in no way am judging people that feel differently, just my two cents.  

It sounds reasonably callus. I completely understand where you're coming from I do feel differently but I completely appreciate where you are coming from I get it. It's really frustrating to watch a team that you have grown up loving commit the same mistakes year in and year out and you think or rather want to think this is the season where it's going to be different but it isn't.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire and collapsing :(

I got a chance to visit in 97 and will never forget how incredible it was. I cant believe that it lasted through the french revolution and 2 world wars and it looks like a construction fire burns it to the ground. Sad day.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

So the latest with AB, he unfollowed the Raiders and all Raiders teammates and deleted all Instagram pictures that had him in Oakland Raiders gear. WTH is wrong with that guy?

While true, he unfollowed everyone (following 0) and deleted all photos. I don't know if he went through the Raiders stuff specifically first, but he just scrubbed his entire IG.