GDT Week 3: Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos

wackywabbit

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

As someone who lives somewhere where it doesn't snow, what's the difference between "teeth-chattering cold, plentiful snow", "cold & white" and "biting cold, snow" :D

There is actually something to it. There can be plenty of snow and temperatures below the freezing point where it isn't actually that bad. Then there's the frostry, windy biting cold where fingers just break on impact with the football, and then there's the colds where there is a high humidity which turns everything to ice.

My teams medic came from the Boston area, and she was surprised by how it get cold in Denmark. It has something to do with the currents in the oceans (gulf stream) or something, where the cold travels and is absorbed by the winds which then roares across Denmark turning wind into a frostbiting predator.

In other parts of Europe where the countries doesn't have a lot of coast lines, it can be cold, but the cold isn't absorbed by the cold oceans, so they have nice skiing conditions with nice, soft snow.

15 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

From what i saw it was a mix of a lot of misdirection to keep Von and Chubb from going as fast as possible in one direction and honestly just straight up Ronnie and Hurst handling their man when they were in fact one on one

From what I've seen through 3 Quarters of All 22, it was more about a) getting the ball out quickly and b) throwing on all early downs as a way of ... c) staying out of 3rd and long. 

Flacco's got a really quick release - that is very clear from the film. But equally as important was the predictability of Denver's Cover 1 scheme on 1st down, where Flacco just fed big time. 

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

From what I've seen through 3 Quarters of All 22, it was more about a) getting the ball out quickly and b) throwing on all early downs as a way of ... c) staying out of 3rd and long. 

Flacco's got a really quick release - that is very clear from the film. But equally as important was the predictability of Denver's Cover 1 scheme on 1st down, where Flacco just fed big time. 

This is literally the first time I've ever read this. Must've been the gameplan to simply get the ball out quickly because Flacco notoriously holds onto the ball too long.

43 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is literally the first time I've ever read this. Must've been the gameplan to simply get the ball out quickly because Flacco notoriously holds onto the ball too long.

That's two different things. By quick release, I mean that once he's made his mind up he's throwing, the ball comes out quickly. 

Archived