GDT Week 3: Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos

wackywabbit

No joke at Wink's presser today he was singing the merits of him rotating Brandon Williams and Michael Pierce so much. Saying it's been paying dividends and how it keeps impact from the position peak.....

Anyone else feel frustration/rage?

Tim Williams pass rush breakdown

^^A production layout from one of Tim William's college seasons. Incredible right? First Round talent Pass Rusher.......but would it translate to the NFL?

Joe Thomas  /Hall of Fame

giphy.gif

J'Marcus Webb  /Starter

Austin Howard  /Former Starter

Darrell Thomas  /Practice Squad

Bobby Hart  /Scrub Starter

Yea..Tim's game translates in a major way. He's proven it against all creeds and calibers. lol He's even stayed clean off the field and improved as a run defender.

He can burn any Tackle in the league!

We're wasting the early prime years of a Pass Rushing Ace on a Rookie Contract for no reason. As I've said before...it's just embarrassing. At least we got that Nose Tackle rotation down though. Can't have enough of them constantly on the field. On huge contracts too. For Today's NFL that's so important. 

Looks like the Broncos might not have to worry about Timmy or Pierce though. Maybe even Collins too. Case of the Phantom Flu. What to do?

I doubt it will keep any of them out of the game, but it's definitely something to monitor.

I'm picking the Ravens 34-13.

It's a long Week, we're at home, and I think we'll bounce back. Don't get me wrong, Miller will get his and I think their offense will hit on some big plays here and there but ultimately this is a game for us.

Last game, on a short week, away, where everything went wrong, we still were in it. While the team might not have been 'different' enough from previous seasons to pull out the win last week. I still think they're on another level compared to recent years. This will be a classic 'Harbaugh Era' statement win. One of those games everyone is uneasy about because we had a tough loss the week prior, then we win and fans go completely the other way and start predicting an undefeated season the rest of the way. 

Keenum won't repeat Dalton's performance. The Broncos will struggle to find the endzone, our receivers won't. Don't sleep on the Defense because of last week.

Game Ball: Mark Andrews

That Raiders oline played really well and several times held up with 5-6 blockers against 4-5 rushers. The ball came out really fast on screens, dump offs etc. and for some reason Broncos cornerbacks played off man, so while Carr had 3-5 key throws down field, he was mainly passing short. I don't  think that is our game, so we have to attack them over the middle as we can't contain their pass rush.

There is some room down the middle for the running game though, and the 2 running back sets should be used a lot, so we can use more misdirection.

23 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm picking the Ravens 34-13.

It's a long Week, we're at home, and I think we'll bounce back. Don't get me wrong, Miller will get his and I think their offense will hit on some big plays here and there but ultimately this is a game for us.

Last game, on a short week, away, where everything went wrong, we still were in it. While the team might not have been 'different' enough from previous seasons to pull out the win last week. I still think they're on another level compared to recent years. This will be a classic 'Harbaugh Era' statement win. One of those games everyone is uneasy about because we had a tough loss the week prior, then we win and fans go completely the other way and start predicting an undefeated season the rest of the way. 

Keenum won't repeat Dalton's performance. The Broncos will struggle to find the endzone, our receivers won't. Don't sleep on the Defense because of last week.

Game Ball: Mark Andrews

This is my feeling. Harbaugh generally does well in season openers because he has more time to gameplan. For the negatives that Harbaugh has, one of his greatest strengths is that generally when he has time to prepare he creates a great gameplan. Sure he’s not the greatest at making adjustments on the fly, but he’s one of the best when given time.

Thus this game doesn’t make me nervous. We play well at home and we’re playing to our coaching strengths.

A big thing I want to see in this game is less of Boyle. Too man penalties thus far and not enough positive impact otherwise. Put Maxx out there instead. He's also a plus blocker and is starting to look healthier moving in space. Maybe Andrews too, but his "tight end" role isn't the same as the other guys.

I'm pretty happy with the wide receiver group/revamp thus far but more plus options are always better. The team needs to help Joe out as much as possible. An actually mobile Williams could be a wonderful thing.

10 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

A big thing I want to see in this game is less of Boyle. Too man penalties thus far and not enough positive impact otherwise. Put Maxx out there instead. He's also a plus blocker and is starting to look healthier moving in space. Maybe Andrews too, but his "tight end" role isn't the same as the other guys.

I'm pretty happy with the wide receiver group/revamp thus far but more plus options are always better. The team needs to help Joe out as much as possible. An actually mobile Williams could be a wonderful thing.

Someone on this team has a hard-on for Boyle when he continues to reap the majority of TE snaps despite leading the team in penalties.

Not sure what to make of this game but I think a win is still the more likely result.

I don't rate the Broncos as a particularly good team this year, but injuries mean our defense is undermanned and our offense remains inconsistent.  I have a bad feeling that Phillip Lindsay will cause some real problems.

My only real fear regarding this game is Peanut. I just have a feeling that he’s going to play so terrible in the first half that he will be benched come the second half, in which case we go from a 10-10 halftime result to finishing the game with a 31-16 result. Defense clamps down and offense gets good field position and takes advantage.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

My only real fear regarding this game is Peanut. I just have a feeling that he’s going to play so terrible in the first half that he will be benched come the second half, in which case we go from a 10-10 halftime result to finishing the game with a 31-16 result. Defense clamps down and offense gets good field position and takes advantage.

you think McClellan is an upgrade over Peanut?

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

you think McClellan is an upgrade over Peanut?

I think they both offer their own strengths and weaknesses. Peanut is more athletic, but I feel he’s not physical or instinctual enough to offer any benefits against the run and he’s not a particularly good player in coverage. I think Chris Board is better than both McClellan and Peanut and ideally would rather see him as the 2nd ILB in Mosley’s stead.

Archived