Why-Were we caught with our pants down/ Twice !?

RSkinGM

Manusky is the D-Boss. Guess he has to take the blame. That screen coming out of the end zone by the Colts and then the T D to Hilton. The D was just standing around trying to figure out the defense when the ball was snapped. I like Manusky, ex-Redskin player , but that seemed incompetent .  It's one thing just to get physically beaten on play --but to just be caught flat-footed , TWICE !! 

I see no reason to expect it to not happen again . 

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Manusky is the D-Boss. Guess he has to take the blame. That screen coming out of the end zone by the Colts and then the T D to Hilton. The D was just standing around trying to figure out the defense when the ball was snapped. I like Manusky, ex-Redskin player , but that seemed incompetent .  It's one thing just to get physically beaten on play --but to just be caught flat-footed , TWICE !! 

Me either. Its a common theme of this organization. We don't hire competent people. We hire our friends

15 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Bad coaching. It’s the same reason that you can come out completely listless for your home opener and squander and momentum your season had.

Because we...(everyone sing from the same hymnal now)... only hire friends. We don't hire competent coaches.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Honestly, that screenplay crushed the sole of our defense. We had them pinned back in their own end zone and it came after a should-be safety. I know we ended up intercepting Luck later in that drive but that screen pass was the last play of the first quarter it just cemented the fact that the Colts whooped our butts in that first quarter. That screen conversion really shook up the confidence of our young defense. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Yeah, heard that today too. Unacceptable 

I hate to say it, but that screen should have never happened. Our highest paid defender has to make that tackle for the safety. He put himself in great position and didn’t finish the tackle. If he makes that tackle we are on our the board and get the ball back with momentum.

Absolutely, Manusky, should be criticized for poor gameplan and play calling, but when he does get it right, they have to finish.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hate to say it, but that screen should have never happened. Our highest paid defender has to make that tackle for the safety. He put himself in great position and didn’t finish the tackle. If he makes that tackle we are on our the board and get the ball back with momentum.

Absolutely, Manusky, should be criticized for poor gameplan and play calling, but when he does get it right, they have to finish.

Speaking of poor play calling. I rewatched the 1st quarter last night. I was actually at the game so it was my first time watching it on the televised broadcast. One play that really, really irked me was on the first colts drive of the game. We had just stopped them on 1st down and it was 2nd and 10. It was like the 4th play in the whole damn game and Manusky takes out Allen and Payne and subs in Hood and Settle. Then he also takes out Kerrigan and Smith and subs in Anderson and McPhee. So our whole front is full of backs up on the first drive and Wilkins runs for a 8 yard run right up the middle and boom, it’s 3rd and short. I dunno, it was just weird that Manusky subbed out 4 starters for 4 backups all at the same time that early in the game.  In go Settle, Hood, Anderson, McPhee. Out went Allen, Payne/Ioanitis, Kerrigan, and Smith. 

7 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Honestly, that screenplay crushed the sole of our defense. We had them pinned back in their own end zone and it came after a should-be safety. I know we ended up intercepting Luck later in that drive but that screen pass was the last play of the first quarter it just cemented the fact that the Colts whooped our butts in that first quarter. That screen conversion really shook up the confidence of our young defense. 

The one where Moreau got tackled when he was about to tackle TY? It should’ve been called back but the refs missed an obvious take down/hold on the wr who tackled moreau.

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Shush. You’re not allowed to criticize Norman per forum rules. ? 

5 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Speaking of poor play calling. I rewatched the 1st quarter last night. I was actually at the game so it was my first time watching it on the televised broadcast. One play that really, really irked me was on the first colts drive of the game. We had just stopped them on 1st down and it was 2nd and 10. It was like the 4th play in the whole damn game and Manusky takes out Allen and Payne and subs in Hood and Settle. Then he also takes out Kerrigan and Smith and subs in Anderson and McPhee. So our whole front is full of backs up on the first drive and Wilkins runs for a 8 yard run right up the middle and boom, it’s 3rd and short. I dunno, it was just weird that Manusky subbed out 4 starters for 4 backups all at the same time that early in the game.  In go Settle, Hood, Anderson, McPhee. Out went Allen, Payne/Ioanitis, Kerrigan, and Smith. 

Have to agree here, bad time to substitute. I could see subbing out Payne to go into the nickel with Allen and Ioannidis at DT but taking out Kerrigan and Smith makes no sense if you’ve got an opposing offense backed up at 2 and 10. 

Or maybe we just aren’t very good? Maybe we have a QB that doesn’t fit our system at all? I just think this is one of those season where you realize what you’ve built ain’t working and you just decide to blow it up. The Redskins however, will double down and give up a first round pick for Antonio Brown and sign someone to a massive contract that’s never been a starter before and it will all fail miserably. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or maybe we just aren’t very good? Maybe we have a QB that doesn’t fit our system at all? I just think this is one of those season where you realize what you’ve built ain’t working and you just decide to blow it up. The Redskins however, will double down and give up a first round pick for Antonio Brown and sign someone to a massive contract that’s never been a starter before and it will all fail miserably. 

We run a west coast system, Alex fits that system. 

Archived