Why-Were we caught with our pants down/ Twice !?

RSkinGM

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We run a west coast system, Alex fits that system. 

We do not run a true west coast offense. We run a hybrid of it with some west coast principles. We threw the ball deep plenty of times with Kirk. What we’re doing with Alex is neutering our offense because he’s terrified of throwing interceptions. If you think what we’re running this year is the same as last year than I don’t know what to tell you? 13 catches by your running back is not a west coast offense. It’s a conservation offense with no chance of succeeding.

What Alex Smith did Sunday is absolutely no different than what Jon Beck did to get himself benched forever. What we’ve seen from Alex Smith so far is probably nothing Colt couldn’t do and you wouldn’t have to give him $90M to do it....

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We do not run a true west coast offense. We run a hybrid of it with some west coast principles. We threw the ball deep plenty of times with Kirk. What we’re doing with Alex is neutering our offense because he’s terrified of throwing interceptions. If you think what we’re running this year is the same as last year than I don’t know what to tell you? 13 catches by your running back is not a west coast offense. It’s a conservation offense with no chance of succeeding.

What Alex Smith did Sunday is absolutely no different than what Jon Beck did to get himself benched forever. What we’ve seen from Alex Smith so far is probably nothing Colt couldn’t do and you wouldn’t have to give him $90M to do it....

I guess I watched a different offense from 2015-2016 and especially last year when we had no consistent deep threat. Judging Alex Smith on a two game sample size whenever frankly he’s been good but not spectacular and comparable to what Kirk was - especially when Kirk didn’t have Djax for 1/2 of 2015 and last year - is ridiculous.

You're totally inflating how many deep passes we’re attempted and completed while Kirk was our QB. Gruden and McVay usually dialed up 2 or 3 a game when they had specific coverage looks the secondary was showing them. 

13 catches to a RB is not a west coast offense? You might want to watch film of the person who created the west coast offense and how many times Joe Montana threw to Roger Craig and Tom Rathman out of the backfield.

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hate to say it, but that screen should have never happened. Our highest paid defender has to make that tackle for the safety. He put himself in great position and didn’t finish the tackle. If he makes that tackle we are on our the board and get the ball back with momentum.

Absolutely, Manusky, should be criticized for poor gameplan and play calling, but when he does get it right, they have to finish.

It happened multiple times in the game. Norman would read the play correctly, crash down, and then miss the tackle.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Your top players “Business decisions” aren’t always good for the team.

I'm not faulting the guy for getting paid and I still think I would do it. However, he missed some tackles in this game.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm not faulting the guy for getting paid and I still think I would do it. However, he missed some tackles in this game.

I’ve said it since we signed him that while I like him - he’s not elite - and I wouldn’t have given him the contract we did. We’re paying a corner QB money and it just doesn’t make much sense to me. 

A lot of fans the last two years on twitter and on sports talk radio complained that Cousins made $20 and $24 million but had no issue with a corner who dropped 4 or 5 ints last year and got beat deep some made $20 million.

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I guess I watched a different offense from 2015-2016 and especially last year when we had no consistent deep threat. Judging Alex Smith on a two game sample size whenever frankly he’s been good but not spectacular and comparable to what Kirk was - especially when Kirk didn’t have Djax for 1/2 of 2015 and last year - is ridiculous.

You're totally inflating how many deep passes we’re attempted and completed while Kirk was our QB. Gruden and McVay usually dialed up 2 or 3 a game when they had specific coverage looks the secondary was showing them. 

13 catches to a RB is not a west coast offense? You might want to watch film of the person who created the west coast offense and how many times Joe Montana threw to Roger Craig and Tom Rathman out of the backfield.

2015 and 2016 when we had the best deep threat in football on our team? 2016 when we had two receivers go over 1000 yards? Yeah, I’m pretty sure you were watching a different football team. 

And if what you think Alex Smith did last week was due to “west coast offense” then you are simply a lost cause homer who refuses to take the blinders off. When your QB runs the entire clock out when you need two scores with 7 minutes left that has nothing to do with west coast offense. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve said it since we signed him that while I like him - he’s not elite - and I wouldn’t have given him the contract we did. We’re paying a corner QB money and it just doesn’t make much sense to me. 

A lot of fans the last two years on twitter and on sports talk radio complained that Cousins made $20 and $24 million but had no issue with a corner who dropped 4 or 5 ints last year and got beat deep some made $20 million.

You don’t like him. Stop saying you like him. If you whine and complain about a guy from the moment he stepped on the field for this team then no, you don’t like him. But let Dunbar get smoked and you won’t say a peep about it. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don’t like him. Stop saying you like him. If you whine and complain about a guy from the moment he stepped on the field for this team then no, you don’t like him. But let Dunbar get smoked and you won’t say a peep about it. 

You don’t know what I like or don’t like, quit calling me a liar. I’m not lying when I say I like the guy, I just think he’s overpaid and isn’t lived up to his contract which is a totally reasonable evaluation of his play since we signed him.

If any player has a bad play I’ll point it out. Last preseason Dunny got smoked by Aldrick Robinson twice, I definitely called him out. 

So if you’re going to say something, be accurate.

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

2015 and 2016 when we had the best deep threat in football on our team? 2016 when we had two receivers go over 1000 yards? Yeah, I’m pretty sure you were watching a different football team. 

And if what you think Alex Smith did last week was due to “west coast offense” then you are simply a lost cause homer who refuses to take the blinders off. When your QB runs the entire clock out when you need two scores with 7 minutes left that has nothing to do with west coast offense. 

I clearly said the offense now looks like 1/2 of 2015 when Djax was hurt & last year when Djax was gone. And even when we had Djax we attempted a few more deep passes that the 2 a game where attempting now, but it’s not like we were attempting 4 or 5 times as many when Djax was here. Again, you’re inflating how many deep passes we attempted per game in the second half of 2015 & 16.

Most of us complained back then about them not going to Djax enough becusse it was only like 2 or 3 times a game but as I’ve consistently pointed out, you set up deep shots and you do it against certain defenses. You just don’t fling it up there at will when you have a corner on a WR and a safety lurking on his route.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Relax guys, please

My bad, I just hate it when I’m called a hater just bc I’m critical of a few bad plays a player has or some mistakes a former someone had in personnel that some think I hate that player/GM. That’s not true, I just expect/expected better results from them and they let me down.

I mean heck, I still blame Joe Gibbs for passing on Aaron Rodgers and of course I love Joe, but that was a dumb decision! 

Archived