Week 3 GDT: THE RESURRECTION The Wentzylvania Ginger Jesus's (1-1) vs the Indianapolis Reich's (1-1)

EaglesPeteC

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't know if you heard, but TE's also catch passes

I don't know if you saw, but it's not working out too well. TEs aren't mismatches outside of the redzone when they are being checked by CBs like ours are when we are forced to line them up like WRs. Having 2 very good pass catching TEs is a very nice luxury, but as we saw today it doesn't amount to much when there is no respect for the WRs.

Nothing we can do about our injury misfortunes, but we need to get Wentz some more WR help and I'm not sure Alshon is going to be enough. Bottomline is we need a speedster IMO, and not having one is really hurting Wentz and the offense.

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:
26 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don't know if you heard, but TE's also catch passes

I don't know if you saw, but it's not working out too well. TEs aren't mismatches outside of the redzone when they are being checked by CBs like ours are when we are forced to line them up like WRs. Having 2 very good pass catching TEs is a very nice luxury, but as we saw today it doesn't amount to much when there is no respect for the WRs.

I didn't see the game but surely you understand if 3 more weapons Alshon, Ajayi and Sproles are on the field , those very same TE's will have mismatches throughout the field. Not just in the red zone?

What needs to change is Gibson! Either he can contribute like the preseason or cut his *** now and sign someone else. Did he play today? Was he targeted? That's what he was drafted for. No reason unless he's dumb as rocks he can't take the Wallace role over!

On 9/21/2018 at 9:46 AM, Wyld Stallyns said:

Hey guys, 

Im a little more optimistic about this game then I was prior to the start of the season. 

.....—————.............—————.........

I don’t think we win, but I do think we’ll make a game of it and have all of you gnashing your teeth at the end. 

Game went just about how I thought. From what I’ve heard/read looks like we did a horrible job of getting WR separation and struggled in the red zone. 

Good game, luck (I’m so used to writing luck with a capital L that my phone autocorrects it for me.?) 

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I didn't see the game but surely you understand if 3 more weapons Alshon, Ajayi and Sproles are on the field , those very same TE's will have mismatches throughout the field. Not just in the red zone?

What needs to change is Gibson! Either he can contribute like the preseason or cut his *** now and sign someone else. Did he play today? Was he targeted? That's what he was drafted for. No reason unless he's dumb as rocks he can't take the Wallace role over!

How would adding weapons out of the backfield change how the TEs are defended? I promise you nobody is going to have their CBs check Sproles when he's lined up as a RB while the TEs are out wide like they were today, not to mention Smallwood had a good day catching passes out of the backfield, I don't know how much better Sproles does. We can add all the decent RBs we want to the roster, but generally you're only using 1 at time, rarely more than 2. Also it's not even accurate to be calling Ertz and Dallas TEs when they are used like they were today, instead I'd call them extremely slow WRs. I get it, with all the injuries we had no choice, we had to even line up Perkins as our outside WR half the time... but that just shows how dangerously thin we have become at WR, and all I'm saying is we should look to change it rather than hope Alshon alone can fix it and complain about injuries. There's gotta be somebody we could get for like a 4th that would instantly help our situation? Either way I would agree to wait until Alshon returns to do anything too rash.

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Game went just about how I thought. From what I’ve heard/read looks like we did a horrible job of getting WR separation and struggled in the red zone. 

Good game, luck (I’m so used to writing luck with a capital L that my phone autocorrects it for me.?) 

Darius Leonard is a future all-pro. Possibly even this year. He's better than Roquan. Your rookie OG's held it down after that first series by the Eagles too. You guys just need to sign Leveon in FA and draft a QB, because Luck is done. 

Archived