Week 3 GDT: THE RESURRECTION The Wentzylvania Ginger Jesus's (1-1) vs the Indianapolis Reich's (1-1)

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think Goff in our system looks worse than the plug and play Mcvay one...Carson has to do way more

It's only plug and play at the moment because of overwhelming talent they have around the QB position. So yeah, anybody could go there and put up career numbers in that offense, but for it to be at it's best it does need a QB exactly like Goff, accurate, smart with the football but not risk averse, robotic from snap to throw. Goff a much better fit for it than Wentz, who will gamble a bit more, hold the ball a bit longer to look for the big play, and isn't as accurate. 

Goff for sure would struggle in our offense, especially with our OL not being elite lately... but it goes both ways as Goff in LA is better than Wentz in LA. Go figure, these 2 new gen coaches have built their Os around their young QBs. 

Don't get me wrong, Wentz > Goff no doubt in my mind, but this really could be a case of 1A 1B, what have you done for me lately, over the next 10 years when these 2 are discussed and ranked. Goof looked amazing today.

32 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's only plug and play at the moment because of overwhelming talent they have around the QB position. So yeah, anybody could go there and put up career numbers in that offense, but for it to be at it's best it does need a QB exactly like Goff, accurate, smart with the football but not risk averse, robotic from snap to throw. Goff a much better fit for it than Wentz, who will gamble a bit more, hold the ball a bit longer to look for the big play, and isn't as accurate. 

Goff for sure would struggle in our offense, especially with our OL not being elite lately... but it goes both ways as Goff in LA is better than Wentz in LA. Go figure, these 2 new gen coaches have built their Os around their young QBs. 

Don't get me wrong, Wentz > Goff no doubt in my mind, but this really could be a case of 1A 1B, what have you done for me lately, over the next 10 years when these 2 are discussed and ranked. Goof looked amazing today.

He's looked a lot better yeah

I think it's tough too for Goff. because there are some things he can't show off.

Like we don't know a ton about how he'd call plays or audible on his own.
Where Wentz we know he can do that and does it quite well.

I think as long as they are healthy Goff will be behind Wentz, just because it seems that he has more of a role in his own success.
As true or untrue as that might be.

Will be really fun to see where they are in 10 years and what both teams do to get what little talent they can in around their GIANT cap hits.

I think when you look at Brady, Big Ben and Brees...they all took awhile to become the true studs they are known today.
Yeah the first two won, but they had a ton of talent around them that propped them up. They all stepped up their game a couple years in.
Goff and Wentz have already looked at that level at times...seeing that grow and morph for another decade+ will be fascinating. 

59 minutes ago, Phire said:

The Colts are scrappy. Impressed with how they played. Reich will have them rolling.

Defensively I think they just need a good DT (Which they can easily find in this coming draft) and a potential #1 CB. Maybe another pass rusher. 

Offensively I think they need everything, aside from OG, TE, and LT. They need a new QB. They need an RB. They need a potential #1 WR who can move T.Y. to the slot. And they could probably use a RT and maybe a C. They should trade Luck while he still has value, especially if a team is willing to give up multiple 1st round picks for Chad Pennington 2.0. Trade him to the Titans after this season for Corey Davis and a 1st. Or right now.

Archived