WEEK 3 GDT - Steelers @ Bucs MNF

warfelg

1 hour ago, August4th said:

expecting this game to look a lot like the chiefs game tbh hope we somehow score more points

the only way it isn't is if we get pressure on the qb.  Look at what the bucs did vs the Champs and they have possibly the best front 4 in the league. 

@warfelg nice find with #3 

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I feel really strongly we could be sitting at 0-2-1 after this game. This is the typical type of game that we play down to an opponent because really TB isnt great despite Fitz playing way above his actual ability. Im expecting a HUGE day for Fitz in this one.

The Bucs are 2-0. The Steelers are 0-1-1. And that 0-1-1 is just about as bad as it gets with a tie against Cleveland and then getting dismantled at home defensively. If any moron on this team is looking past that Bucs team, they should be cut/fired tomorrow. No matter who they are.

The Steelers aren't a good football team right now in any way, shape or form. Hopefully some of these guys have picked up on that fact.

5 hours ago, August4th said:

I saw a graphic that showed just how bad our defense has been since shazier went down. I can't find it right now, but the numbers I saw reminded of those horrible saints defenses from parts of the decade..

How about these secondary breakdowns, how does shazier affect those? He was important, but there are other issues with this D.  Watch playbook for this game and they show a few things - secondary related.

The numbers are bad and could stay that way. I am having a problem accepting the safety play and some CB play for now. The pass rush could be better, but the secondary and play calling is the problem I want fixed first. Why not let Thomas or Allen cover these TE's, because a traditional LB won't have the range/speed to do so.  Also teach the players how to tackle, this has to fixed asap. 

This is the WORST the D has been since I can remember. They need Haden back but most of all the safety play and communication needs to be fixed.  These communication breakdowns have gone on since butler became DC9_9

42 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

If any moron on this team is looking past that Bucs team, they should be cut/fired tomorrow. No matter who they are.

I doubt the secondary is looking past this game, because it could be the chiefs all over again. Bucs have 3 good WR's and OJ Howard , so not much different but the QB's are different. Maybe fitz doesn't miss the open WR's ( as Mahommes did)  and he gets 7 TD's?   Imagine allowing 80+ points in 2 consecutive games? No DB wants to hear that or be a part of that but it could be a reality. I would hope we get Connor going and own TOP or try to but will we resort to 3 and out's and be down 21-0 in the first again? If colbert and co could strike an agreement to let us win this and we will trade Bell to them for 2 RD2 picks, that would be good for now B|

38 minutes ago, August4th said:

I guess this is a good start, but I mean, this is going on 3 years of the same issue. At this point, I would be perfectly fine with them announcing "we are running cover 3 all game" and actually just getting good at running one defense. That's a stupid over simplification of it -- but man it feels like we should just focus on getting good at one thing, and if we get beat while doing it, so be it. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

after how many years, they are finally doing something about this. It's a step in the right direction but doesn't man the results will be different. We are hoping for the improvements but what will happen next? I like this move, they played a basic D early last season, and while boring to some, it was effective. Results are what matter.  If we played a boring D vs the chiefs and allowed 32 points, then thats probably good enough hypothetically. Just allow less than the opposition at this time, the idea of keeping the opponent in their own half of the field is no longer an option is it?

I am expecting zone D most of the time, what about the rest of you? The DL will be more of an attacking scheme, no regard for the run most of the time in order to help the secondary. 

Archived